The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL 2022 Management Science BSc - Applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

what are some books you would suggest related to the course to mention in a ps

Original post by Anonymous
I’d say there will always be an emphasis on needing strong grades. Idk if other will agree or disagree, but I think the additional personal statement is weighted quite heavily, because our normal ps is probably targeted at degrees that are rlly quite different from Man Sci. It gives you the chance to highlight the skills necessary for the degree in specific. Work experience I think, also rlly helped my application. I had 10 months working in the finance sector when applying. Hope this helps :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by anonymousxis
what are some books you would suggest related to the course to mention in a ps

Any unconventional book should do.
Reply 342
Hi,
Have you received an offer yet?

Original post by pierredumay
I didn't receive an offer/rejection yet, but I had to fill an "additional personal statement" back in late October. What about you? I am not sure about my grades because I don't live in the UK, but according to equivalences I have A*A*A
Have any november applicants not yet recd additional ps?
Those studying the course, i would love to know more about it. Can someone let me know so I can pm you. Essentially i wanted to know what exactly it is like. Do most ppl hv a a physics/comp sci background? And what do most ppl end up doing in the future?
Original post by Anonymous #15
Yes, ill say the same here. Strong emphasis on grades, as it is a very competitive course. last year's acceptance rate was 1/30. (but don't panic believe in yourself) I feel like the additional ps is definitely why I got an offer. Looking back at my original ps I don't feel like it stood out. For the additional ps you can look up the questions online, I'd say it won't be exactly the same but at least you'll get an idea of what's gonna be asked. Do try and understand what Man Sci actually is and what student they are looking for. For additional ps, I put down quantitative data to support my answers and also linked it back to some of the modules stated on their website. e.g. ..... which I believe will benefit me in the coming modules .... and .... This shows that you did background research and you read the course thoroughly. Basically, just let them know you understand what the course is as many students would think it is just a normal business management course (including myself a few months ago hahah). And of course best of luck and hope this helps! :smile:

Whats your stats
Reply 346
Original post by Anonymous #1
Didn't mean to reply anonymously :smile:
I got an offer from Warwick in International Management. I was rejected from Oxford econ&management. I've also applied for Management in LSE & KCL, still waiting. What about you?

would you mind sharing your supercurricular activities / competitions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending