The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL 2022 Management Science BSc - Applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Im starting to get worried as well, I know they take a long time to reply but I submitted my application at the end of November and still havent been asked to fill out the additional personal statement and it seems that they have been sending those out. Has anyone who has applied at the same time or later gotten the ADS?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
Im starting to get worried as well, I know they take a long time to reply but I submitted my application at the end of November and still havent been asked to fill out the additional personal statement and it seems that they have been sending those out. Has anyone who has applied at the same time or later gotten the ADS?

hey i submitted my application in december, and i’m still waiting for an ADS. Idk to what extent it’s true, but some people did say ADS is only sent if your initial PS isn’t streamlined about the course and what exactly they’re looking for. Maybe ur PS was good and they didn’t need any additional information, and hence you weren’t requested for an APS. Either that or you should get one soon idk. I think you should be fine though, dw too much about it!
Original post by kaxsh
hey i submitted my application in december, and i’m still waiting for an ADS. Idk to what extent it’s true, but some people did say ADS is only sent if your initial PS isn’t streamlined about the course and what exactly they’re looking for. Maybe ur PS was good and they didn’t need any additional information, and hence you weren’t requested for an APS. Either that or you should get one soon idk. I think you should be fine though, dw too much about it!

Hey! In my case I had to fill the ADS, I received it back in late October. It's clear that my PS didn't focus enough on the course. A friend of mine also received the ADS, and her PS wasn't streamlined about it as well. So your assumption could be true
Within the email I received requesting I complete the additional personal statement, it said that the completion of this task is a compulsory part of the admissions process. It also states on the website that if you meet the minimum criteria, you will be asked to complete the additional personal statement
Reply 44
Original post by hollyvhudson
Within the email I received requesting I complete the additional personal statement, it said that the completion of this task is a compulsory part of the admissions process. It also states on the website that if you meet the minimum criteria, you will be asked to complete the additional personal statement

oh damn i didn’t know that. I’m definitely meeting the minimum criteria, but i haven’t received any request for an additional personal statement yet. ig i’ll get it soon then idek anymore
Reply 45
Ok so I just found this thread. I applied in october and got an ADS to fill in on dec 8th, sent it back by dec 15. Still waiting to hear abt my actual application.
I saw the same thing on the website thats why it's worrying. My personal statement is more tailored towards finance but I do talk a bit about Management as well. My grades are higher than the minimum requirement so idk Its just a bit stressful. But I know they take a while before responding.

Relaxxx, they have till may
Reply 48
Hi everyone, does anyone know when the additional personal statement would be due (as in the timezone)? For example, it asks me to submit by 1st Feb, but does that mean 31st Jan 11:59, or 1st Feb 11:59. Additionally, would it be based on the UK timezone, or my timezone.
Original post by eesh77
Hi everyone, does anyone know when the additional personal statement would be due (as in the timezone)? For example, it asks me to submit by 1st Feb, but does that mean 31st Jan 11:59, or 1st Feb 11:59. Additionally, would it be based on the UK timezone, or my timezone.

Id say 31st of Jan, UK timezone since they wont know where u are and just to be on the safe side.
Guys what are your predicted grades and subject combinations??

My predicted grade is 43/45

Subject Combination: MAI HL-6, ECON HL 7, BUSINESS MANAGEMENT HL-7
English L&L- 6, Hindi-7, ESS-7
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 51
i just got a mail with a request for an additional personal statement with 7 questions. They said i need to submit it by 11th tho… Ngl as an international student i haven’t really been asked these type of questions before. How much does UCL look at this personal statement?
Original post by kaxsh
i just got a mail with a request for an additional personal statement with 7 questions. They said i need to submit it by 11th tho… Ngl as an international student i haven’t really been asked these type of questions before. How much does UCL look at this personal statement?

its quite important
has anyone gotten an offer/decision yet? How long does it usually take for them to reply after submitting the additional personal statement?
Last year they started to send offers from the end of April. I submitted my additional personal statement two months ago and still didn't receive any reply.
How soon after you submitted your application did you get your additonal ps?
Reply 56
How soon after you submitted your application did you get your additonal ps?

it took me about 5 weeks
Original post by kaxsh
it took me about 5 weeks

same
same

Kk thanks
only an additional personal statement

I realised that there is no thread for UCL Management Science 2022 applicants yet. I am a foreign student applying for the course. Let's talk about it! Has anyone received offers yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending