The Student Room Group

NHS LSF without SFE

Hello. I want to apply for NHS LSF training grant of 5k but I do not want to take any tuition/maintenance loans as I will pay privately due to personal reasons. Is that fine will NHS LSF accept me or should I just not bother applying ;-; im confused and idk who to ask
Original post by 23jooi
Hello. I want to apply for NHS LSF training grant of 5k but I do not want to take any tuition/maintenance loans as I will pay privately due to personal reasons. Is that fine will NHS LSF accept me or should I just not bother applying ;-; im confused and idk who to ask

Hi @23jooi

Yes, you can apply and receive the £5k NHS LSF bursary even if you do not require the SFE maintenance and tuition loan. One of my fellow students from my course does exactly the same and has had no issues. It will simply be a case of the University you're attending confirming that you are studying with them.

I have attached a link below that may be of some help:

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund

Any further questions, please let me know :smile:

Leanne ~ 2nd year Midwifery student
Reply 2
Original post by University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Hi @23jooi

Yes, you can apply and receive the £5k NHS LSF bursary even if you do not require the SFE maintenance and tuition loan. One of my fellow students from my course does exactly the same and has had no issues. It will simply be a case of the University you're attending confirming that you are studying with them.

I have attached a link below that may be of some help:

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund

Any further questions, please let me know :smile:

Leanne ~ 2nd year Midwifery student

sorry for the late reply but I did try applying last year for my ODP course and it did not work out. I only got sent en email from NHS LSF asking me to ''confirm, in writing, the reason(s) you are not claiming a student loan and how the cost of your tuition fees will be met'' and to uppload the supporting evidence to my account. I have checked and I do not see anywhere where I can upload any evidence in my NHS LSF account as only the passport evidence option is shown. I also did email them back in writing stating why I did not apply for student finance and emailed some evidence but no one ever got back to me so I gave up trying to claim the money last year. Any help so I can try applying again this year would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Original post by 23jooi
sorry for the late reply but I did try applying last year for my ODP course and it did not work out. I only got sent en email from NHS LSF asking me to ''confirm, in writing, the reason(s) you are not claiming a student loan and how the cost of your tuition fees will be met'' and to uppload the supporting evidence to my account. I have checked and I do not see anywhere where I can upload any evidence in my NHS LSF account as only the passport evidence option is shown. I also did email them back in writing stating why I did not apply for student finance and emailed some evidence but no one ever got back to me so I gave up trying to claim the money last year. Any help so I can try applying again this year would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Hi there, We would advise to contact the NHS LSF - their contact details can be located here - https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund-lsf Thanks, Angela
Original post by 23jooi

Hi @23jooi

Please accept our apologies, Leanne graduated this year and is no longer able to work for us as a Student Rep but I can see @Angela SFE has been able to offer some advice on the grant.

We hope you're able to get access to that fund this year 😊

Many thanks,
Lewis

Social media and content officer, University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending