The Student Room Group

Christmas TV - love it or hate it?

What do you think of the Christmas TV schedules? Is there a programme you are looking forward to?

Scroll to see replies

tbh the tv is hardly ever on and thats when they bloody put on the good stuff smh
what happened to the films at the weekend not all those cooking shows :angry:
Reply 2
Original post by viktorismyplant
tbh the tv is hardly ever on and thats when they bloody put on the good stuff smh
what happened to the films at the weekend not all those cooking shows :angry:

I know - and all the recipes seem to have ingredients you can't find in supermarkets :smile:
Original post by Muttley79
I know - and all the recipes seem to have ingredients you can't find in supermarkets :smile:

Yeah really fancy stuff but they'll talk about it like it's something you use everyday.

whats the point they whip it up in 5 minutes, say its easy as pie, simple to get ingredients but you can hardly spell them lt alon buy them bahahah
Reply 5
whats the point they whip it up in 5 minutes, say its easy as pie, simple to get ingredients but you can hardly spell them lt alon buy them bahahah

'Here's one I made earlier' .... ha ha!
'Here's one I made earlier' .... ha ha!

lmao annoys me every time cos you know theyve spent ages on that or gotten someone else to do it
Reply 7
lmao annoys me every time cos you know theyve spent ages on that or gotten someone else to do it

Exactly! The way all the ingredients are ready in little bowls too - grr!
h

Exactly! The way all the ingredients are ready in little bowls too - grr!

yh perfectly measured out and they just happen to know every single step and every single detail before it all
cmon wheres the mess wheres the chaos
Reply 9
h

yh perfectly measured out and they just happen to know every single step and every single detail before it all
cmon wheres the mess wheres the chaos

They must think we are all stupid thinking its 'real'

TV chefs thinking about us trying out their recipes :hahaha:
They must think we are all stupid thinking its 'real'

TV chefs thinking about us trying out their recipes :hahaha:

bahahah so true
im having to use ginos bloody italian recipes for my food coursework and honestly miss looks so surprised that it looks nothing alike 'he said it was easy' :colonhash:
So many memories! (Bearing in mind I am 28) I used to circle all of the stuff in the (nondigital) TV guide that I was going to record on VHS :biggrin:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Noodlzzz
So many memories! (Bearing in mind I am 28) I used to circle all of the stuff in the (nondigital) TV guide that I was going to record on VHS :biggrin:

I still circle my Radio Times - I only get the Christmas issue - it's so nostalgic :smile:
What do you think of the Christmas TV schedules? Is there a programme you are looking forward to?

Not yet at the moment. But I don't mind, I would even watch a Christmas film in TV, if it is not a film I already rewatched too many times.
Reply 14
Original post by Kallisto
Not yet at the moment. But I don't mind, I would even watch a Christmas film in TV, if it is not a film I already rewatched too many times.

Isn't that part of the fun, rewatching somethung you've seen so many times you can almost dictate it?
Christmas TV has a warm homely vibe, but it gets a little tedious after you’ve watched the same film for the 4th time in 3 days!
(edited 2 years ago)
Isn't that part of the fun, rewatching somethung you've seen so many times you can almost dictate it?

There is a film I can even rewatch in my mind. :colonhash: And in that rewatching phase it becomes stale.
Really looking forward to the Ghosts Christmas Special :rave:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Kallisto
There is a film I can even rewatch in my mind. :colonhash: And in that rewatching phase it becomes stale.

I get that! Are you happy to say which it is?
I get that! Are you happy to say which it is?

National Lampoon's Christmas Day. Almost every year I watched this film when christmas time came. Over two dozen time, you can bet on! and it is still my favorite one.

Quick Reply

Latest