The Student Room Group

RCSI 2022 Questions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Yo congrats bro. I might do that by next saturday but I'm just worried it'll hurt my application. Also, did you do ur interview on sonru?

Original post by Anonymous
I got accepted for the 5-year program. I would suggest calling them as I know this is a busy time and you probably have other unis to respond to as well. They won't give you a decision on the phone, but you'll get a time at least and hopefully. that should put things into perspective
Original post by AlyAly
Yo congrats bro. I might do that by next saturday but I'm just worried it'll hurt my application. Also, did you do ur interview on sonru?

Thanks! Also, I did my interview on zoom.
I got accepted for the 5-year program. I would suggest calling them as I know this is a busy time and you probably have other unis to respond to as well. They won't give you a decision on the phone, but you'll get a time at least and hopefully. that should put things into perspective

Congrats!!! I want to ask did u get waitlisted before getting an offer? How long did u get the offer after u called them?
Congrats!!! I want to ask did u get waitlisted before getting an offer? How long did u get the offer after u called them?

Thank you! I wasn't placed on a waitlist, I completed the interview at the end of March and received a letter of acceptance by the third week of April, so I was waiting roughly 21-23 days. It can be pretty nerve-wracking as they don't give an exact date, but if you're waiting then I hope everything goes well!
Thank you! I wasn't placed on a waitlist, I completed the interview at the end of March and received a letter of acceptance by the third week of April, so I was waiting roughly 21-23 days. It can be pretty nerve-wracking as they don't give an exact date, but if you're waiting then I hope everything goes well!

Hopefully cuz I really want to go to rcsi. You probably did excellent in the interview, fyi I got the waitlist letter 3 weeks after the interview. But it seems like getting waitlisted = rejection, I don’t really think I have any chance to get an offer.
Reply 465
just emailed them it's been over 30 days and the waiting just getting too much
Hopefully cuz I really want to go to rcsi. You probably did excellent in the interview, fyi I got the waitlist letter 3 weeks after the interview. But it seems like getting waitlisted = rejection, I don’t really think I have any chance to get an offer.

I'm sure you did well and still have a fair chance, I've seen many people get off the waitlist at RCSI and hopefully you'll be one of them! Keep your hopes up :smile:
Original post by AlyAly
just emailed them it's been over 30 days and the waiting just getting too much

Yeah I completely understand. We as students also have to make a decision on what university we're committing to so I'm sure they'll be understanding. Hope you have good news waiting as well!
Original post by leli5987
Interview completed. The interview was controlled for exactly 20 min. I think they received a lot of applications this year so the interview will all be in 20 min. The questions are very common, like Why RCSI, Why Ireland, Your interested medical specialty and which country to work in the future. There are also questions about my resume and personal statement. But since it was very short, the interview didn't have any tricky question. I think the most tricky question is "what can you bring to RCSI" and I prepared well for that. However, I don't know my chance and the feedback will be after 4 weeks. As I'm currently a medical science undergraduate in Australia, I'll keep preparing for GAMSAT and apply for the GEM in case I'm rejected from the UEM.
I thought I would receive an offer soon after interview so I could discontinue my course in USYD before the semester starts (Feb 21). But since the application number is huge, I might start my semester and then decide to discontinue or not.

I think the application to medicine increased a lot because of COVID-19 so I really don't know my chance.

what was your reply to "What can you bring to RCSI?" ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending