The Student Room Group

RCSI 2022 Questions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by leli5987
:confused: submitted Jan 13, interview Feb 1, no feedback. it's a bit unfair

I agree, I'm not sure of what their process is or how they're prioritizing applications
Original post by roo2502
I agree, I'm not sure of what their process is or how they're prioritizing applications

Its so worrying not knowing how the process is going on
Reply 82
Original post by a.dsouza1_
Got waitlisted.

hi I saw your PM but I've been here less than 3 days so it's not letting me reply but no, RCSI was not my first choice but Med applications have been super hard this year and I haven't gotten in anywhere else that I'd like to go to so I might just end up going to RCSI. Hope that answers your question!
Reply 83
Original post by Anonymous
Its so worrying not knowing how the process is going on

FR! I'm still waiting on 3/4 UCAS applications and its so stressful because it's literally radio silence
Original post by roo2502
FR! I'm still waiting on 3/4 UCAS applications and its so stressful because it's literally radio silence

Thats me with RCSI:frown: Its hard to wait for so longgg. If you dont mind what were your qualifications.
Reply 85
Thats me with RCSI:frown: Its hard to wait for so longgg. If you dont mind what were your qualifications.

I'm currently doing the IB with the following subjects
Biology HL
Chemistry HL
Psychology HL
Math SL
English SL
French B SL
My term 3 achieved was 776767 respectively and I got predicted a 45/45
Hope this helps!
Original post by roo2502
I'm currently doing the IB with the following subjects
Biology HL
Chemistry HL
Psychology HL
Math SL
English SL
French B SL
My term 3 achieved was 776767 respectively and I got predicted a 45/45
Hope this helps!

It does! Thank you so much.
Original post by roo2502

What UCAS universities have you applied to if you don’t mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by roo2502

Original post by roo2502

Reply 90
Got waitlisted.

Did they send you an email to confirm waitlisted?
Reply 91
Did they send you an email to confirm waitlisted?

Received email this morning telling me that I'm waitlisted. I don't think I have good chance now. Does anyone know the chance of admission through waitlist?
Received email this morning telling me that I'm waitlisted. I don't think I have good chance now. Does anyone know the chance of admission through waitlist?

If I may ask, when did you apply? I applied in late January but my application is still 'under review', and I have not been officially waitlisted. I'm not sure what this means for me.
Got waitlisted.

Interesting. When did you apply if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 94
If I may ask, when did you apply? I applied in late January but my application is still 'under review', and I have not been officially waitlisted. I'm not sure what this means for me.

Check my previous posts in this thread
Reply 95

Sure no problem!
I applied to UCL, King's, Newcastle and Leeds (but got rejected from UCL :frown:)
Reply 96

it usually differs each year, waitlisted applicants get the spots of those who have offers and reject them. For RCSI, this hasn't been uncommon in the past because most people prefer to go to the UK if they get in there but given the competition for med in the UK this year, I would say that there is a lower chance than usual. That being said, don't get bogged down! My cousin did get in last year despite being waitlisted and heard back around mid- late March. Hope this helps!
Reply 97

Hey so I did answer this on another forum but I'll put my answer up here as well
From what I've seen rejections largely happen only at 2 points in time
1) soon after your application if you don't meet basic requirements- one of my friends got hers in less than a week for having a low IB predicted score
2) after your interview
In general, if you've made it past the first 4 weeks post applying, you are almost guaranteed an interview at least. Please do remember that RCSI has interviews all the way through mid-May so at this point, no news is good news!!

Hope this was helpful!
Hey guys, I just got an offer as a non-eu student. If you haven't done the interview yet, don't worry cuz the questions are pretty straightforward and the interviewer was super kind

Congratulations on your offer! If you don't mind, could you provide any tips on how to prepare for the interview and what types of questions they ask. My interview is next week and I'm kinda nervous.
Interesting. When did you apply if you don't mind me asking?

6th Jan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending