The Student Room Group

Hate uni, no friends, pretty sure I failed first semester what do I do

Really hate my life at the moment haven’t had friends since leaving school 3 years ago, no confidence, no social life now 22 don’t know what to do - COVID screwed me over and I pretty much hate everything at the moment. This year i have to travel every day 2hrs a day to get to uni, haven’t talked to anyone, pretty sure I failed all modules and am not enjoying it especially as I don’t understand it as I’ve never done computer science before so it’s hard and when I ask for help they say look at a textbook. Hate it but feel like I have to do it as I have nothing left. As well the next payment to the uni comes out soon so I don’t wanna pay more if I fail - and am not sure if I will be able to stay even if I wanted due to poor grades. Really stuck in life and don’t know how to get out. If I failed I’m frightened it’s gonna go bad and I won’t even get a job I’ve had multiple retail jobs but lost them in weeks due to shyness so won’t be able to get in with my life
Original post by Anonymous
Really hate my life at the moment haven’t had friends since leaving school 3 years ago, no confidence, no social life now 22 don’t know what to do - COVID screwed me over and I pretty much hate everything at the moment. This year i have to travel every day 2hrs a day to get to uni, haven’t talked to anyone, pretty sure I failed all modules and am not enjoying it especially as I don’t understand it as I’ve never done computer science before so it’s hard and when I ask for help they say look at a textbook. Hate it but feel like I have to do it as I have nothing left. As well the next payment to the uni comes out soon so I don’t wanna pay more if I fail - and am not sure if I will be able to stay even if I wanted due to poor grades. Really stuck in life and don’t know how to get out. If I failed I’m frightened it’s gonna go bad and I won’t even get a job I’ve had multiple retail jobs but lost them in weeks due to shyness so won’t be able to get in with my life

Don't worry there is always a reason why things happen in life and after looking back in a couple of years you'll understand why it happened. Maybe try joining some uni clubs or events to get to meet new people. Also, there might be some videos on youtube on computer science that might help you understand it more or give you some tips on resources(that's how I learn things that I find really hard).
I hope it all turns out well in the end :wink:
Which uni are u at ?
Reply 3
Same here, I would say record those lectures and listen them when you are free..
Reply 4
Hi, keep yourself together the things will get a lot better. You are in such an age where you feel like everything is bad, but it really isn't. First of all, you have to study and work on things that make you happy, find your real passion. Friends will come with time, but all you have in the end is your skills, don't forget this! It is more important than friends because skills are what you make you and build you as a person, and is your priority to like yourself. To achieve this goal you have to put in a lot of hard work, and you will see that your self-esteem will get much bigger. Start being active, physical and mentally. Don't drop out of school if you like your subject, just work harder. And don't worry about the jobs, there is always going to be a job out there! With your achievements, your self-esteem will go higher and higher. That won't come immediately because you are young will come with time, so don't give pressure on yourself. The first goal is just to discover your passion and what you are willing to invest your time and effort in! That's all. Excuse my bad English.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous

Hiya
i am in similar situation as yours, the only difference is that I am an international student and this loneliness affected my mental health and my academic performance which led me to being kicked out I would love to hear what happens to u next this might give me hope to overcome my anxiety at the moment
Reply 6
Oh man, we should hang out together

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending