The Student Room Group

Failing a module in foundation

Guys hi I wanted to know if someone knows what is the fees u have to pay QMUL to give a retake in the summers. Also I’m pretty sure I failed math but my head of foundation year said it’s fine as it’s not a core module and if I do well in semester 2 it won’t matter and I won’t have to give a resit is it true though?
Original post by Anamta1122
Guys hi I wanted to know if someone knows what is the fees u have to pay QMUL to give a retake in the summers. Also I’m pretty sure I failed math but my head of foundation year said it’s fine as it’s not a core module and if I do well in semester 2 it won’t matter and I won’t have to give a resit is it true though?

Why would you just what random strangers on the internet tell you over what your Head of Foundation Year has already told you?

Do you have a course handbook? Does it explain how your foundation year mark is calculated? If not, just check the Academic Regulations (on the uni web site). From what you've been told, it sounds like that operate a process called "compensation" whereby they'll turn a blind-eye to a failed non-core module as long as your overall performance for the year is OK. Lots of unis do this. The exact rules will be in the Academic Regulations (or course handbook).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending