Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

YSJ- Japanese Tesol and Linguistics

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ellis17703
Let's go!!! I got ph1 and big naughty they hit different

Omg I haven’t heard of them but I just looked them up and like what I see so I think I might take a listen 😆 I think GIRIBOY is gooood
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Original post by Kookoo153
Omg I haven’t heard of them but I just looked them up and like what I see so I think I might take a listen 😆 I think GIRIBOY is gooood

I recommend joker by big naughty and iffy by sik-k and ph1. There my go too songs. Then maybe the purge by higher music, it's kinda like a cypher of the best k hip hop artists
November but I think my college are still going through all applications before sending them off x

just wondering if you know if your applications been sent off yet? its the deadline and i wouldnt want you to miss it or anything!
Original post by OiFelixCmereBro
just wondering if you know if your applications been sent off yet? its the deadline and i wouldnt want you to miss it or anything!

Thanks! 😀 it was sent off on Monday :smile: ysj emailed me on Monday to say they are looking over my application 🤞🏻
I have just been given an unconditional offer for Korean TESOL, Korean intercultural communications, Japanese TESOL and Japanese intercultural communications. Now which course do I choose 🤔🤣
I have just been given an unconditional offer for Korean TESOL, Korean intercultural communications, Japanese TESOL and Japanese intercultural communications. Now which course do I choose 🤔🤣

omg congratulations!! well you dont have to decide just yet so if you're stuck give yourself some time to think, have another look through the courses and maybe see which one you think you'd like more or could benefit you more in the future :smile:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! I'd say chose whichever one you want and are most interested in.
Thankyouuuu :smile: think it’s going to be Korean intercultural communications 😝
this is a slight necropost but hiya, I'll be starting on Japanese TESOL and Linguistics in September having already completed a foundation year last year, so if anyone else on the course wants any info about the uni etc. I'm happy to help :smile:
Original post by gb24741
this is a slight necropost but hiya, I'll be starting on Japanese TESOL and Linguistics in September having already completed a foundation year last year, so if anyone else on the course wants any info about the uni etc. I'm happy to help :smile:

hey are you in the snapchat gc for the course?
Original post by gb24741

we have a groupchat on Snapchat if you'd like to be added 😊
Hey do you know if there is a gc for Korean intercultural communications and linguistics? :smile:
Hey do you know if there is a gc for Korean intercultural communications and linguistics? :smile:

im not sure but i have seen lots of people doing Korean this year! if you have Facebook i suggest trying to look on there :3
Hey, I'm not attending York (I'll be in London) but am hoping to start BA Japanese studies this year. Does anyone know if there's a generic group chat like there is for Korean?

Theres a WhatsApp group for Korean on here somewhere if you search for it.
Original post by OiFelixCmereBro
Just wondering if anyone else has applied for Japanese at York St Johns or currently studies there? I recieved an offer a few weeks ago and want to know other people who might be going there and if its any good !

Hi!
Congratulations on your offer!
I have just finished my first year at YSJ and have throughly enjoyed it. I study English Language and Linguistics so although I am not on the Japanese TESOL and Linguistics course, I do have my lectures and seminars with this cohort on the linguistics modules. All my course mates I have spoken to are enjoying studying Japanese TESOL and Linguistics and their Japanese is progressing at an incredible rate (from the perspective of someone who does not speak any Japanese). Personally I find the linguistics side of my degree the most interesting as it focuses on a phonological and biological approach to speech. We study modules such as grammar and phonetics (which sound boring but the Japanese students seem to excel at these modules, I think because they require similar learning skills to that of learning a foreign language).
Hope this helps, if you have any other questions feel free to get in touch, Faye :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending