The Student Room Group

Not sure what to do.. in Uni

I'm currently set to do linguistics with Japanese at new castle, they have a University wide language program which gives you extra credits, and I'd also like to learn spanish

I'm just not sure if I should learn spanish through this program or do a combined honours and spend 1/3 of my time learning spanish, japanese and linguistics

The amount of Japanese studies Ill do won't change either way, the linguisitcs will however
Wait a bit and see how things go in the first term. That way you can work out whether you want to do less Linguistics and more Spanish or keep it the same. The degree could be different to what you expect and maybe having settled in would let you make a more informed decision.

Don’t take my word for it, but I’m pretty sure you don’t have to change your course before starting and you can still change it in the middle. Maybe check your uni’s policy on this.
Reply 2
Oh really? so I can change it when i start if I dont like it?

Original post by MetellaInAtrio
Wait a bit and see how things go in the first term. That way you can work out whether you want to do less Linguistics and more Spanish or keep it the same. The degree could be different to what you expect and maybe having settled in would let you make a more informed decision.

Don’t take my word for it, but I’m pretty sure you don’t have to change your course before starting and you can still change it in the middle. Maybe check your uni’s policy on this.
Original post by xuni
Oh really? so I can change it when i start if I dont like it?

Well I’m obviously not sure exactly how it would work, but from what I’ve heard I imagine it’s possible. Like I said, it would be good for you to find out what your uni in particular allows.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending