The Student Room Group

Leaving Uni - please help!

UK first year university student
Backstory:
Im in my first year of university and I live in student accommodation off campus, (partner accommodation). I study business but its not what I want to do, at all! I want to study midwifery but I didn’t do any of the needed A-levels to get onto the course. I also cannot study midwifery at the university that I am currently at because they don’t supply the course. I am hoping to go back to college, study biology and then return to a different university to study midwifery.

The problem is the money. If I quit university, my student finance ends and I have to pay back any overpaid money. I can’t afford to pay my rent without the money from student finance England, and I was hoping to use the next payment to pay the rest of my rent. I contacted my landlord and was told I could only end my contract if I found someone to take over my tenancy. I have tried to advertise my room but no luck :frown:

I don’t have a job (I have tried but no success). This means I can’t use my own money to pay it back.

I need to leave, I know a lot of people will say stick it out, or just make it to the end of the year, but I just can’t. I need to leave, its causing me so much stress. I’m doing assignments and exams for something I have no passion for, something I hate. I don’t have the motivation for the coursework anymore. Its affecting me at home. I’m constantly on edge, stressed because I just don’t know what to do.

I’m going to be in so much debt for a year of a course I will end up failing because I have no motivation to do well in it. It’s boring.
If anyone knows anyone I can talk to, or what I can do, please help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending