The Student Room Group

Research proposal

Hi, for one of my MSc neuroscience components, I have to create a research proposal. however, for this assessment I have not been provided with any examples of much guidance. i would appreciate if someone could send me a link to a sample RP, or guidance.

Thank you
Hi there,

I used Google to gather my dissertation project idea (psychology) and got some useful proposal template, even got different kind of dissertation samples in various area.
There are so many out there maybe useful to you. Just keep positive and focus, also, best talk to your supervisor/lecturer to see what he/she wants/suggests to do and find a middle ground for both of you.
I'm doing a neuropsychology this term (BSc) as one of my assessment, and will use dementia as an example. Not sure if you find it interesting.
It's just a thought of mine and I know it's very different compare to a MSc. Anyway, wish you all the best in your research project 🙂.

Cherry
Original post by Sami_aan
Hi, for one of my MSc neuroscience components, I have to create a research proposal. however, for this assessment I have not been provided with any examples of much guidance. i would appreciate if someone could send me a link to a sample RP, or guidance.

Thank you

Hi,

When I was working on my dissertation proposal, I used the guidance offered by my university's study support services, plus articles they posted online. Maybe you could also contact your uni's study support services? Another option would be to just Google for similar guidance, as many universities do post some articles online that you may find helpful! I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure I saw prospects.ac.uk had an article around this. Hope this helps and all the best!

Samantha, Official UoP Rep :smile:
Hi @Sami_aan This site provides helpful information in writing a research proposal https://gradcoach.com/research-proposal-template/ and has a downloadable template which provides a helpful structure.

A research proposal should have a title, key words, aims, background, a literature review, research questions (this means write about ‘what do I want to know about my topic? so you can put down your hypothesis and future implications, though you go into future implications in the research outcomes section), method, ethics, research outcomes and then your appendix. This is what I did for my research proposal on my MSc for Developmental Psychology, I don't think the structure will differ for a neuroscience research proposal.

Best of luck in your research proposal

- Rosie
Reply 4
the best way for writting on <a href=
Original post by Sami_aan

Thank you

Hi @Sami_aan

I would first contact your university’s Academic Tutors for guidance on how to write a research proposal - they’ll have plenty of experience doing this in exactly the way the university wants and explaining it in a way to help a student learn the skill easily and effectively. However, if after that you are still not sure, I would take a look at the resources the Open University have available, for example. If other universities have helpful advice online then I’d definitely refer to those too.

I hope this helps!

Estelle
Second Year Psychology Student
University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending