The Student Room Group

Psychology dissertation

Hi,
Can someone give me some ideas on a dissertation for psychology. I have to write a research proposal for my assignment.

I'm thinking of doing it on highly sensitive person trait. What are your thoughts on this? I thought I could do it there is a link between the highly sensitive person and social anxiety.

Also how do I know if there is previous research conducted on a topic? What is a fast way to check? How can I determine where there is research gap?

Thanks,
Hi

I would pick a topic that you are really interest in as you are going to spend a lot of time researching. You can search you university library and google scholar for key words. Hope this helps
Original post by hiìiiiiii
Hi,
Can someone give me some ideas on a dissertation for psychology. I have to write a research proposal for my assignment.

I'm thinking of doing it on highly sensitive person trait. What are your thoughts on this? I thought I could do it there is a link between the highly sensitive person and social anxiety.

Also how do I know if there is previous research conducted on a topic? What is a fast way to check? How can I determine where there is research gap?

Thanks,

Hiya,

I am a third year Psychology student and I handed in my dissertation almost 2 weeks ago now. I did mine on Perfectionism in University students as this is a research area I was interested in.

My advice would be is to think about an area of Psychology you really enjoy learning about and then stem an idea based around that. Social anxiety is definitely a good research area to do, perhaps look at some past research based around what you are thinking of. I used google scholar and DMU's online library.

When it comes to identifying the gap in research, read the discussion section of different articles and see what the researchers future research suggestions are. Just remember your research needs to be ethical as this was a big thing we needed to make sure of when submitting the ethics application for our studies.

Good luck with the research proposal
Best Wishes,
-Tianna (3rd year Psych DMU) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest