The Student Room Group

ATAS Refusal

Dear Friends,

I am writing this message to request for your advice regarding my ATAS refusal.
I received the refusal letter on 12th June 2020, and I am not well aware regarding the process of request for review in decision.
I would appreciate if you could advise me in this regard.

Best wishes,
Mohsen
What reason did they give for the refusal?
Reply 2
Original post by MedicWil
What reason did they give for the refusal?

They didn't give any reason for the refusal. As I checked the similar cases, they always doesn't mention any reason.
Original post by Mohsen87
Dear Friends,

I received the refusal letter on 12th June 2020, and I am not well aware regarding the process of request for review in decision.

Best wishes,
Mohsen

What is your major? Did you apply for a PhD or master?
Reply 4
Original post by Amirsdghn
What is your major? Did you apply for a PhD or master?

I applied for PhD in sustainable energy.
I applied for PhD in sustainable energy.

I think the best thing is to email the admission team of your university and ask them for advise. They will probably tell you to ask for a review.
ATAS refusals are a complete pain as they will not give you a reason for the refusal. Without any concrete knowledge of what the problem is with your application, it is virtually impossible to get the decision overturned, although it is possible to request a review of the decision

Your best option is to talk with your proposed supervisor and look at modifying your research proposal. ATAS is all about technology that could have military use/ development of weapons of mass destruction, so talk to the proposed supervisor about what you are planning to research and how your proposal could have been misconstrued.

Your own personal history may also have been an issue too, in combination with the research topic - for instance if you have a military background or are a current member of the military in your country.
Dear Friends,

Best wishes,
Mohsen

How many days did they took for the decision?

Did you apply for a review and get it cleared or not?
Reply 8
Hey, Did you apply after again the refusal?
Dear Friends,

Best wishes,
Mohsen
Reply 9
Dear Friends,

Best wishes,
Mohsen

Good day, this is a long stretch considering it has been ages you posted it. Please can I see the rejection mail

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending