The Student Room Group

University of Wolverhampton Physiotherapy 2022

Hello everyone.

This is a place to chat and meet new people for those that have applied to and/or have accepted offers at the University of Wolverhampton for:

BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy with Foundation Year
BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy

I’m currently in the final semester of the Foundation Year and will be starting the BSc in Sept 2022.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.
Reply 1
Hi,

The foundation year option is one of my choices due to this being a second career for me and therefore out of formal education for 14 years. As I’m a mature student I will be continuing to work in some capacity. What have the teaching days and hours been this first year? Would you consider the workload to be manageable around a part time job? How long is the foundation year (I know some universities spread it out whereas others condense it)?

Did you receive the Allied Health grant on top
of your student loan this year or does that start from Year 1?

How have you enjoyed this year and how prepared has it made you for beginning Year 1 in Sept?
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey.

The teaching days have been a Thursday (full day) & Friday (half day) for semester 1 which then switches round in semester 2 - Workload is certainly manageable as long as you keep on top of things and complete the pre/post session work once it has been issued. The foundation year is 1 academic year in duration and I would certainly recommend it. You get a head start on things like studying at university level, academic writing etc whereas others going straight into the BSc have that on top of additional pressures.

My understanding is that the NHS bursary starts from year 2 which is year one of the BSc.
Original post by jaymoore3995
Hey.

The teaching days have been a Thursday (full day) & Friday (half day) for semester 1 which then switches round in semester 2 - Workload is certainly manageable as long as you keep on top of things and complete the pre/post session work once it has been issued. The foundation year is 1 academic year in duration and I would certainly recommend it. You get a head start on things like studying at university level, academic writing etc whereas others going straight into the BSc have that on top of additional pressures.

My understanding is that the NHS bursary starts from year 2 which is year one of the BSc.

What do you mean by "full day and half day"
I would like to know the schedules and how many days per week is a full time course as I am a mother and want to know how to organise my time around my baby.

Also, I have been offered physiotherapy at Wolverhampton but I didn't get enough marks gor my maths GCSE, however they still keeping my place at uni. Do you know if in this casa I will have to pass my maths by the end of the career?

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending