The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

If I get rejected from a course, can I reapply through clearing for the same one?

I was rejected from diagnostic radiography at city. sad I know but I don’t want to give up hope that I could still eventually go there but i’m beginning to wonder if clearing would still be a possibility for me for that same course. I’ve been told that course only takes 90 students per year so I’m wondering whether it will even be available for clearing this year. Please anyone help
Original post by Anonymous
I was rejected from diagnostic radiography at city. sad I know but I don’t want to give up hope that I could still eventually go there but i’m beginning to wonder if clearing would still be a possibility for me for that same course. I’ve been told that course only takes 90 students per year so I’m wondering whether it will even be available for clearing this year. Please anyone help

Hi Anonymous,

I can't speak for whether that student intake size will affect the possibility of this course being offered in clearing or not. However, it is worth noting that usually universities will lower their entry requirements during clearing and so even if you have been rejected right now that does not mean you cannot try applying again through clearing, the chances are that there may even be a higher chance of acceptance assuming entry requirements are lowered. Best of luck!

Sarah- ULaw Student Ambassador
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Do you mean the same course at the same university for the same academic year? If so, then the answer is NO. UCAS prohibits this and it won't allow you to do so

If it's a different course at the university, or the same course at a different university, that's allowed though
Original post by MedicWil
Do you mean the same course at the same university for the same academic year? If so, then the answer is NO. UCAS prohibits this and it won't allow you to do so

Is this a medicine related programme stipulation? If you’re rejected pre-offer for most subjects you can certainly get in via clearing assuming it’s available and you meet whatever they’re asking for.
It's possible although depending on the reason you were rejected may be unlikely. For example if you were rejected on the basis of fitness to practice concerns then it's very unlikely you would get an offer in clearing. If you were rejected because you were narrowly edged out by the competition then you may have a chance - equally things may end up being even more competitive in clearing so you still wouldn't be successful.

So, you can try, but don't assume you'll have more of a chance just because the course being in clearing! There is of course also no guarantee it will be in clearing either.
Original post by Admit-One
Is this a medicine related programme stipulation? If you’re rejected pre-offer for most subjects you can certainly get in via clearing assuming it’s available and you meet whatever they’re asking for.

No, it's a rule for UCAS Extra and has been for at least 18 years since I originally went to college and it was still in place 2 years ago.
Also referring to Extra as most students I know are not aware that Extra and Clearing are two different things and think they're the same

Hello, I hope you are well! My name is Abida and I am an official Economics Student Representative at City, University of London.

I am sorry to hear that, but it is amazing to see your perseverance and dedication towards the course; with that mindset, I am sure you will do great. With regards to clearing, I would recommend reaching out to our admissions team via the number and email on our university website. From there, you may be able to speak to them and they can best help you:
https://www.city.ac.uk/prospective-students/apply/contact

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you had any other questions about studying at City, University of London and I would be happy to answer any questions. I wish you all the very best in your future studies! :smile:

Kindest regards,
Abida
Official Economics Student Representative
City, University of London
hello I am also applying for the same course but next year the same uni, if you dont mind me asking is there a specific reason why u got rejected?

Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One

hi, i would just like to know is this stated on their website ?
Reply 9
Hi I am in a similar situation and I wanted to ask if I call on results day to apply for diagnostic radiography at city University of London even though I have been rejected this year do you think they would accept my application if I have met the entry requirements.
Reply 10
Original post by Mahnoor-CityUoL
Hello, I hope you are well! My name is Abida and I am an official Economics Student Representative at City, University of London.

I am sorry to hear that, but it is amazing to see your perseverance and dedication towards the course; with that mindset, I am sure you will do great. With regards to clearing, I would recommend reaching out to our admissions team via the number and email on our university website. From there, you may be able to speak to them and they can best help you:
https://www.city.ac.uk/prospective-students/apply/contact

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you had any other questions about studying at City, University of London and I would be happy to answer any questions. I wish you all the very best in your future studies! :smile:

Kindest regards,
Abida
Official Economics Student Representative
City, University of London

Hi I am in a similar situation and I wanted to ask if I call on results day to apply for diagnostic radiography at city University of London even though I have been rejected this year do you think they would accept my application if I have met the entry requirements.
Original post by Haasiii

You can apply again. Do you know why you were rejected last time - grades, lack of work experience or the interview? Be prepared to be interviewed again.
Reply 12
Original post by normaw
You can apply again. Do you know why you were rejected last time - grades, lack of work experience or the interview? Be prepared to be interviewed again.

I was rejected due to the interview. Will I have to go through another interview for clearing too
Unis will usually stipulate on their website whether previous applicants can try again via clearing. If you dont see anything along those lines, you are fine to call them.
Original post by Haasiii
I was rejected due to the interview. Will I have to go through another interview for clearing too

Hi, I'm in a very similar situation with the same course and uni but i actually applied 3 years ago but I was still rejected an interview sadly, did you manage to get an interview or place yet?

Also does anyone know if there's any way around this or am I stuck not being able to apply for this uni or course ever again since its already been 3 years since i applied but I unfortunately was still told I could not interview for clearing regardless, which is a shame as a lot has happened during the 3 years in terms of my grades and experience.

Would appreciate if anyone had any advice on what can be done as everyone I've contacted hasn't been able to help much since the decision seems set in stone from the higher ups and the course is already closed now so my chances of even getting onto the course are very slim now :frown:
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Cheesecake21
Hi, I'm in a very similar situation with the same course and uni but i actually applied 3 years ago but I was still rejected an interview sadly, did you manage to get an interview or place yet? Do you mind if I PM you please I'm stuck and I can't find any other info online that could help?

Also does anyone know if there's any way around this or am I stuck not being able to apply for this uni or course ever again since its already been 3 years since i applied but I unfortunately was still told I could not interview for clearing regardless, which is a shame as a lot has happened during the 3 years in terms of my grades and experience.

Would appreciate if anyone had any advice on what can be done as everyone I've contacted hasn't been able to help much since the decision seems set in stone from the higher ups and the course is already closed now so my chances of even getting onto the course are very slim now :frown:

I doubt there is a way around this, especially as the course is now full. Have you tried any of the other London unis or further afield? St George's in London is still showing up on UCAS search this morning:

https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/results/courses?searchTerm=radiography&studyYear=2023&destination=Undergraduate&vacancy=eng&postcodeDistanceSystem=imperial&pageNumber=2&sort=MostRelevant&clearingPreference=CoursesInClearing
Original post by normaw
I doubt there is a way around this, especially as the course is now full. Have you tried any of the other London unis or further afield? St George's in London is still showing up on UCAS search this morning:

https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/results/courses?searchTerm=radiography&studyYear=2023&destination=Undergraduate&vacancy=eng&postcodeDistanceSystem=imperial&pageNumber=2&sort=MostRelevant&clearingPreference=CoursesInClearing

Unfortunately because my physics grade is slightly below St georges entry requirements I can't get in, I've tried ones further out but of course city is more accessible but if i have no choice I'll go with those options, thanks for your help.

Also when courses are full is there still a likelihood for them to reopen because students might end up declining the offer if they get offers elsewhere or even dropping out at the beginning of the year, is there still a way to join at the beginning of the year incase students drop out and more places become available as I've heard clearing/ucas is technically open till September if I'm not mistaken? Even if the course doesn't reopen, if they have other students on file that could be chosen to get in perhaps if they call and there's a few spaces that have just opened up, could they be offered a place? Im just thinking is it worth trying at least asking the uni to reconsider since i meet their requirements and have good experience and of course my interview was 3 years ago too and a lot has changed. Thanks in advance.
Original post by Cheesecake21
Unfortunately because my physics grade is slightly below St georges entry requirements I can't get in, I've tried ones further out but of course city is more accessible but if i have no choice I'll go with those options, thanks for your help.

Also when courses are full is there still a likelihood for them to reopen because students might end up declining the offer if they get offers elsewhere or even dropping out at the beginning of the year, is there still a way to join at the beginning of the year incase students drop out and more places become available as I've heard clearing/ucas is technically open till September if I'm not mistaken? Even if the course doesn't reopen, if they have other students on file that could be chosen to get in perhaps if they call and there's a few spaces that have just opened up, could they be offered a place? Im just thinking is it worth trying at least asking the uni to reconsider since i meet their requirements and have good experience and of course my interview was 3 years ago too and a lot has changed. Thanks in advance.

There is a slim chance that places may appear if not all place holders enrol so it might be worth keeping an eye on uni websites over the next few weeks. Have you considered the degree apprenticeship route - this could be a way in for you:

https://findapprenticeshiptraining.apprenticeships.education.gov.uk/courses/431
Original post by normaw
There is a slim chance that places may appear if not all place holders enrol so it might be worth keeping an eye on uni websites over the next few weeks. Have you considered the degree apprenticeship route - this could be a way in for you:

https://findapprenticeshiptraining.apprenticeships.education.gov.uk/courses/431

I'll keep an eye on it then hopefully, funnily enough that was actually the route I initially wanted to go with hence why i initially deferred my place a few years agl but they're very far and few around London so I've opted for the traditional route instead and it aligns with my schedule more now anyway so I'm happy with going directly to uni instead but thank you for your help though!
Original post by EdwardsWK
No, it's a rule for UCAS Extra and has been for at least 18 years since I originally went to college and it was still in place 2 years ago.
Also referring to Extra as most students I know are not aware that Extra and Clearing are two different things and think they're the same

Original post by Haasiii

Hey @Haasiii did you end up getting another interview for clearing or manage to get accepted?
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending