The Student Room Group

I’ve got disappointing predicted grades

I got predicted BBC because I did badly on my mocks but I’m confident I’ll do much better on my real exams is it worth taking a gap year and reapplying to better universities if I do well or is it better to do clearing. I have high aspirations and want to get into UCL for Law and despite having a contextual offer it’s obvious I’m going to get rejected. I’m thinking of taking a gap year and reapplying if I do well but I don’t know if that’s a good idea
Only you can decide that.
Original post by fbtimaa
I got predicted BBC because I did badly on my mocks but I’m confident I’ll do much better on my real exams is it worth taking a gap year and reapplying to better universities if I do well or is it better to do clearing. I have high aspirations and want to get into UCL for Law and despite having a contextual offer it’s obvious I’m going to get rejected. I’m thinking of taking a gap year and reapplying if I do well but I don’t know if that’s a good idea

from my experience you may get higher than BBC in your real exams but unlikely to turn into an AAA student. ABC or BBB is more realistic.

i would do clearing - all but the very top unis have clearing spaces. in fact before clearing i believe you can turn down all of your offers and go through UCAS Extra first but you'll have to check that
Best to focus on your A levels, then take a gap year and reapply next year. UCL will not consider you with these predicted grades
I asked my teacher to change one of mine from a B to an A and he did it because he knew Oxford was my dream uni (I got an A* in the real exam). Would any of your teachers be willing to do the same?
Reply 5
Original post by mike23mike
Best to focus on your A levels, then take a gap year and reapply next year. UCL will not consider you with these predicted grades

That’s what I thought as well thank you for the advice
Reply 6
Original post by Username123ab
I asked my teacher to change one of mine from a B to an A and he did it because he knew Oxford was my dream uni (I got an A* in the real exam). Would any of your teachers be willing to do the same?

I asked my teacher to change my C to a B and I’ve gotten an A in that subject before but they said no unfortunately

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending