The Student Room Group

I don't have friends

No one ever texts me. No one said marry Christmas to me. None said happy birthday. I never get invited to things.

Joined societies at my uni... we talk in the societies... nothing outside thou... people are welcoming me when they see me... but nothing outside that.

I read dozens of books on it... no effect.
How do people make friends/date?

I am also on the spectrum btw.

I am in a massive depression. What should I do
Original post by skyangelbro
No one ever texts me. No one said marry Christmas to me. None said happy birthday. I never get invited to things.

Joined societies at my uni... we talk in the societies... nothing outside thou... people are welcoming me when they see me... but nothing outside that.

There's nothing you can do. People are selfish and only care about themselves. The world would be a better place if people just showed some kindness. I am exactly the same as you, but you can't change other people's wishes. It's a cruel society and we're trapped in this web with no way out and we are left to suffer for eternity.
Reply 2
joining societies is a great way to find ppl with common interests so good job on that one -- why don't you try to organise going out with a group from one of those? if you're anxious abt those relationships not translating well to the world outside of the societies, you could keep the focus on the topic of the society but take it out of that setting. i'm sorry you're feeling lonely, you can dm me if you ever need anyone to chat to -- i'm autistic too lol it can be pretty isolating sometimes :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
There's nothing you can do. People are selfish and only care about themselves. The world would be a better place if people just showed some kindness. I am exactly the same as you, but you can't change other people's wishes. It's a cruel society and we're trapped in this web with no way out and we are left to suffer for eternity.

this is a bit dramatic,,,,,

I had some people in my life briefly. One would drive to me at 2 am to help me with something. We not as close anymore ( she realized I can't understand normal human things... for example I compared the death of her father to ketchup's physical properties ) ... but she still supports me if I ask
Reply 5
I had some people in my life briefly. One would drive to me at 2 am to help me with something. We not as close anymore ( she realized I can't understand normal human things... for example I compared the death of her father to ketchup's physical properties ) ... but she still supports me if I ask

am i allowed to laugh at that omg,, so bad,,,,, but so ingeniously comedic (i'm actually very interested in what analogies you made)

maybe you should try to chat to her more? see if you can get closer again? it sounds like you had a rlly strong friendship
Yeah, all that is making uni hell for me right now. I really hope it ends well for you. Maybe ask them for their number, try texting them and see if they text back. Maybe, just maybe since they're not sure if you want to be friends or not and so didn't do much.
Original post by hrtpjm
am i allowed to laugh at that omg,, so bad,,,,, but so ingeniously comedic (i'm actually very interested in what analogies you made)

maybe you should try to chat to her more? see if you can get closer again? it sounds like you had a rlly strong friendship

I think i am over complicating... she is just in a very bad state currently ... and she does not wants my help, because I am unable to me companionate and understand her difficult family situation
Original post by username21991
Yeah, all that is making uni hell for me right now. I really hope it ends well for you. Maybe ask them for their number, try texting them and see if they text back. Maybe, just maybe since they're not sure if you want to be friends or not and so didn't do much.

none text back :frown: or say they r busy
Our life is our purgatory. We are inserted into this world filled with pain and death, only to witness the never ending demise of our universe. We are chained by the webs of society only to realise that we're not special to anyone, no one actually cares about us, no one wants to talk to us and no one wants to share a bit of brightness that could heal us and save us from our neverending nightmare. There's almost 8 billion people on Earth and if you just think about how insignificant we really are, like our sun compared to our universe. We really are insignificant. From the primitive days, it is in our blood to fight for ourselves and gather resources and move up into higher ranks. It wasn't any different then, how is it different now? People are highly self-centered and they have only one thing on their mind, to live in heaven and leave this purgatory and make sure that everyone else burns in hell. If you played a game of 'what would you do' and you had to decide whether to hurt yourself or hurt the other person, you will most likely hurt the other person. The results will not shock you.

you r wrong... people in the early USSR, who were offered food... often did not take it... because they did feel that it was fair. People stopped to help you repair your car in the middle of the road free of charge

Wanna be friends? Are you a nice person?
Original post by Dumpsvk.jp
Wanna be friends? Are you a nice person?

It's been a year :smile:
Sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending