The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Computer Science Application

Just wondering, for anyone who's applied there in the past, how long do they usually take to respond to applicants?

It's been just about 4 months since I applied, and I'm not really in a hurry to receive a decision, but I just wanted to know roughly when to expect it.

(On a separate note, is it worth contacting them about this?)
I actually contacted them and they replied to me asking me to wait patirntly during this busy time. So don't worry. Even i applied for CS. What r ur grades?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by stephon68
I actually contacted them and they replied to me asking me to wait patirntly during this busy time. So don't worry. Even i applied for CS. What r ur grades?

A*A*A*A* predicted in maths, further maths, economics and computer science (also an A* in an EPQ if it counts)
Reply 3
wbu?
Original post by Anonymous
wbu?

Im an international applicant from India.
I got 98 for Maths, CS, English, Chem and Phy out of 100.
What topics have you covered in further maths?
I got a cs offer last year but I failed to reach the conditions so I am applying again this year :frown: Last year the earliest offer that I actually saw was on 31 of March. CS department usually takes a very long time to make a decision. I got mine on 15 of May. This year the decisions would probably be slower than last year... So be prepared for a long wait I guess.
I mean of course it was a long wait, but at least I got an offer, so I don't think I can complain much. I know people who got rejected in the beginning of May which is quite cruel I think. Most of them waited for more than 6 months for a rejection :<
If any of you guys have any other questions I would be happy to answer hahaha cuz I think I am quite experienced with the way how ucl deals with applications.
Reply 6
Original post by IDONTKNOWUKNOW
I got a cs offer last year but I failed to reach the conditions so I am applying again this year :frown: Last year the earliest offer that I actually saw was on 31 of March. CS department usually takes a very long time to make a decision. I got mine on 15 of May. This year the decisions would probably be slower than last year... So be prepared for a long wait I guess.
I mean of course it was a long wait, but at least I got an offer, so I don't think I can complain much. I know people who got rejected in the beginning of May which is quite cruel I think. Most of them waited for more than 6 months for a rejection :<
If any of you guys have any other questions I would be happy to answer hahaha cuz I think I am quite experienced with the way how ucl deals with applications.

ahh damn, unlucky dude
good luck for the reapplication this year though! dyou mind me asking where else you applied?
ahh damn, unlucky dude
good luck for the reapplication this year though! dyou mind me asking where else you applied?

applied to Edinburgh for cs and lse for data science. My first choice is still ucl cs tho, hopefully they would give me another chance.
Reply 8
Original post by stephon68
Im an international applicant from India.
I got 98 for Maths, CS, English, Chem and Phy out of 100.
What topics have you covered in further maths?

a bunch of linear algebra, complex numbers, induction, hyperbolics, and some advanced calculus techniques
Reply 9
applied to Edinburgh for cs and lse for data science. My first choice is still ucl cs tho, hopefully they would give me another chance.

cool, guess we just have to sit tight and wait

When did you hear back from the LSE for data science and what were the conditions of your offer?
When did you hear back from the LSE for data science and what were the conditions of your offer?

Oh I didn't apply to lse data science last year, I only applied to ucl, edinburgh, and ic last year. The competition for lse data science is extremely high, last year more than 450 people applied and only 46 got accepted? Only 22 enrolled if I remember correctly, so the competition is extremely high... I also remember very clearly that last year 22 people applied from the eu and none of them got accepted...
(edited 2 years ago)
Oh I didn't apply to lse data science last year, I only applied to ucl, edinburgh, and ic last year. The competition for lse data science is extremely high, last year more than 450 people applied and only 46 got accepted? Only 22 enrolled if I remember correctly, so the competition is extremely high... I also remember very clearly that last year 22 people applied from the eu and none of them got accepted...

how did ic go? i know they're pretty stingy with their offers, and have started giving out STEP ones
i thought ic was probably the best london uni for compsci, would you say it's ucl or lse instead?
how did ic go? i know they're pretty stingy with their offers, and have started giving out STEP ones
i thought ic was probably the best london uni for compsci, would you say it's ucl or lse instead?

got rejected by ic last year, but even if I got in, I wouldn't go because I think it is the best uni for cs in London, and that would mean if I actually went there I would have to compete with the smartest of the smartest. I don't think that much pressure is good for my mental health hahaha
got rejected by ic last year, but even if I got in, I wouldn't go because I think it is the best uni for cs in London, and that would mean if I actually went there I would have to compete with the smartest of the smartest. I don't think that much pressure is good for my mental health hahaha

could i ask, what were your a level grades / gcse grades?
Reply 15

Hi,
I have currently got A*A*AB in Mathematics, Computerscience, physics and further maths respectively. I also have a confirmed offer at a university however do you think I have a chance if I reapply to UCL for 2024 or would it be better to take a resit for my further maths and convert that to a A or A*? What grades did you reapply with and did you have to resit any exams?
Many thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending