The Student Room Group

TU DELFT for aerospace engineering

Hi, I am thinking of applying to TU Delft for aerospace engineering. I am currently doing a level maths physics and economics and I am predicted 3 A*s for a level. How hard would it be for me to get into TU Delft for aerospace engineering?
Reply 1
Original post by maxcovel39
Hi, I am thinking of applying to TU Delft for aerospace engineering. I am currently doing a level maths physics and economics and I am predicted 3 A*s for a level. How hard would it be for me to get into TU Delft for aerospace engineering?

Hey! I applied this year a couple weeks back! You'd like to enter for 2023 entry right? TU Delft do a special selection process for Aerospace Engineering (AE), and its something more common in Europe. For AE, as long as you take the required subjects, which are Maths and Physics, and get a C-A* grade in them (basically a good pass), then that is fine. The rest of the selection procedure takes place after you apply. It isn't too easy, but your 3 A* predicted grades won't affect it. You initially apply by making a CV and filling in the form on their website, stating what subjects you study and personal info. You will also be required to take a short online course that covers some introductory modules you'd learn in the first year. If you enjoy aero then you'd particularly enjoy this bit! Both these steps would need to be done by the application deadline. After submitting your application, you will be enrolled in the selection process. This involves you learning some first year content over a period of time, and then sitting an admissions test based on A Level maths/physics content, as well as some of the first year content you are given. Afterwards you will need to complete a motivation form online. This is basically where you tell the university why you're motivated to study aero. Finally, by 15th April you will receive a ranking number. This number is based on everything you have done prior, including the test and motivation form. This ranks how well you did compared to other applicants. AE has 440 spaces this year, and so if you are in the top 440, you are guaranteed a place. Like an unconditional offer, independent from your final A Level grade (of course your final grade must be A*-C). If you're between 440-550 you still have a probable chance of getting in due to other people cancelling their places. Around 1100-1400 people apply. It sounds like quite a lot and it is more than the average UK uni, however it is enjoyable and not as stressful (so far) as it may seem!

If you have any more questions regarding it, check out their website! They made a good video on the AE application process. Also feel free to ask me! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by jray204
Hey! I applied this year a couple weeks back! You'd like to enter for 2023 entry right? TU Delft do a special selection process for Aerospace Engineering (AE), and its something more common in Europe. For AE, as long as you take the required subjects, which are Maths and Physics, and get a C-A* grade in them (basically a good pass), then that is fine. The rest of the selection procedure takes place after you apply. It isn't too easy, but your 3 A* predicted grades won't affect it. You initially apply by making a CV and filling in the form on their website, stating what subjects you study and personal info. You will also be required to take a short online course that covers some introductory modules you'd learn in the first year. If you enjoy aero then you'd particularly enjoy this bit! Both these steps would need to be done by the application deadline. After submitting your application, you will be enrolled in the selection process. This involves you learning some first year content over a period of time, and then sitting an admissions test based on A Level maths/physics content, as well as some of the first year content you are given. Afterwards you will need to complete a motivation form online. This is basically where you tell the university why you're motivated to study aero. Finally, by 15th April you will receive a ranking number. This number is based on everything you have done prior, including the test and motivation form. This ranks how well you did compared to other applicants. AE has 440 spaces this year, and so if you are in the top 440, you are guaranteed a place. Like an unconditional offer, independent from your final A Level grade (of course your final grade must be A*-C). If you're between 440-550 you still have a probable chance of getting in due to other people cancelling their places. Around 1100-1400 people apply. It sounds like quite a lot and it is more than the average UK uni, however it is enjoyable and not as stressful (so far) as it may seem!

If you have any more questions regarding it, check out their website! They made a good video on the AE application process. Also feel free to ask me! :biggrin:

How hard is the physics academic test? Have you sat it?
Me too! Im going to be applying from Ireland. What other unis are you applying to?
Original post by maxcovel39
Original post by Rittergo
Me too! Im going to be applying from Ireland. What other unis are you applying to?

Hope you guys now applied and waiting for next steps. By any chance do you have any idea of how much of first year content we need to go through for academic test
Hope you have applied for 2023 admission . Any idea on academic past papers which we can use for practice
Hi! I got my offer for the Bsc in aero 2023 a week ago... Still looking for accommodation...Has anyone managed to secure an accommodation?
Original post by Rittergo
Hi! I got my offer for the Bsc in aero 2023 a week ago... Still looking for accommodation...Has anyone managed to secure an accommodation?

Congrats , how did you mange motivation score . My rank number screwed up because of motivation score
I am above 450 , anyhow I should get offer in second round before jun 15th , then only I can star look for housing
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I am above 450 , anyhow I should get offer in second round before jun 15th , then only I can star look for housing

Hi, I was wondering if you got in by now? Isn't it each time 2 weeks to accept your offer? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending