The Student Room Group

University

HI
I want to study aerospace engineering when I go to uni but I'm not studying a science a level, only maths.
could I still do the course????
Original post by Holliea07.x
HI
I want to study aerospace engineering when I go to uni but I'm not studying a science a level, only maths.

Maths is overall the most important A-level, but you'll have to check entry requirements to see if anywhere will let you in without physics, which is also highly important and nearly, if not always, also specified for entry to aerospace engineering degrees.
Reply 2
Original post by Smack
Maths is overall the most important A-level, but you'll have to check entry requirements to see if anywhere will let you in without physics, which is also highly important and nearly, if not always, also specified for entry to aerospace engineering degrees.

Okay thanks :smile:
Original post by Holliea07.x
HI

Hi there @Holliea07.x,

Great to hear that you are looking to study Aerospace Engineering at University! :smile:

Here at UCLan entry onto our BEng (Hons) Aerospace Engineering course does require 104 points at A2 including Maths and Physics or STEM at grade C. We do also offer a BEng (Hons) Aerospace Engineering (Foundation Entry) course which you can learn all about here. This course requires, UCAS: 64 points at A2.

Our Aerospace Engineering (Foundation Entry) course offers students the opportunity to go on an optional 48-week sandwich placement in industry for full-time students between Year 2 and Year 3. The course is ranked 4th in the UK with 81% of students satisfied with the teaching quality (Times Good University Guide 2021),

Graduates go on to roles in the aerospace, space, defence, automotive, biotechnology, computing, electronics, energy and manufacturing sectors.

If you have any questions about the course or life here at UCLan, I'd be more than happy to help. :smile:

All the best,
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending