The Student Room Group

Aerospace: TU Delft or Southampton?

I applied for Aero Eng this year and unfortunately I only got one offer for it from Southampton. While I got alternative mech eng offers from Bath and Bristol. And although I got through Imperials initial stage, I messed up the admissions test due to other reasons. I also applied to Delft, but failed to get in, albeit came very close in the rankings, as I got covid during the time of those tests. Although the situation is unfortunate, I am pleased with the Southampton offer, and dont mind going. But I also don't mind taking a gap year and reapplying to Delft next year. Sure there's no guarantee, but I feel like I will, especially now that I know the admissions process. Is it worth it? TU Delft has a better reputation in the industry and has a name, and the student projects and life seems a lot like what I'd prefer. AAAAAHHH
I'll be studying at Delft next year, so here's what I would do. Go to Southampton, then reapply to Delft for your Masters degree.
Original post by jray204
I applied for Aero Eng this year and unfortunately I only got one offer for it from Southampton. While I got alternative mech eng offers from Bath and Bristol. And although I got through Imperials initial stage, I messed up the admissions test due to other reasons. I also applied to Delft, but failed to get in, albeit came very close in the rankings, as I got covid during the time of those tests. Although the situation is unfortunate, I am pleased with the Southampton offer, and dont mind going. But I also don't mind taking a gap year and reapplying to Delft next year. Sure there's no guarantee, but I feel like I will, especially now that I know the admissions process. Is it worth it? TU Delft has a better reputation in the industry and has a name, and the student projects and life seems a lot like what I'd prefer. AAAAAHHH

Hi
would you mind sharing your A level predicted grades . Seems mostly I will be in similar position as I got Southampton and hold for Bristol , Bath - will come to know by April.
Reply 3
Original post by username_1404
Hi
would you mind sharing your A level predicted grades . Seems mostly I will be in similar position as I got Southampton and hold for Bristol , Bath - will come to know by April.

Hi,

My predicted was A*A*A
Original post by jray204
Hi,

My predicted was A*A*A

if you don’t mind, could you share subjects and if I am correct you did 3 levels and not four.
Reply 5
if you don’t mind, could you share subjects and if I am correct you did 3 levels and not four.

Yeah 3, Maths Physics and Design & Technology: Product Design

Did an EPQ too but they're not as important for competitive courses like Aero. Some unis may give you a reduced offer if you got an A in it or above
Original post by jray204
Yeah 3, Maths Physics and Design & Technology: Product Design

Did an EPQ too but they're not as important for competitive courses like Aero. Some unis may give you a reduced offer if you got an A in it or above

Thanks for sharing information. Fingers crossed and hopefully I should hear from Bath and Bristol in new year . My predicted grades A*A*AA ( Maths, FM, Physics and DT). I would potentially apply for Tudelft too
Reply 7
Thanks for sharing information. Fingers crossed and hopefully I should hear from Bath and Bristol in new year . My predicted grades A*A*AA ( Maths, FM, Physics and DT). I would potentially apply for Tudelft too

Wheyy nice best of luck. There is less of a backlog this year so more likely you get in! And yeah go for Delft, although if you've applied Imperial then be careful to spend more time revising for that admission test. A lot harder than delfts.
Original post by jray204
Wheyy nice best of luck. There is less of a backlog this year so more likely you get in! And yeah go for Delft, although if you've applied Imperial then be careful to spend more time revising for that admission test. A lot harder than delfts.

Tudelft academic test going to be just after my A level mock in feb. Do I need to do further practice , not able to find any specific past papers so not sure what kind of practice questions I need to do before attending academic test . First year material , I will go through but not sure on how to practice Maths, Physics. Any inputs will really help me.
Reply 9
Hey I applied as in mid October for aero with 3A*s in physics chemistry and maths. I have also been put on hold too.. let me know if you hear anything.
Reply 10
I got an offer in aerospace electronic engineering Southampton is it the same course you are talking about?
and is aerospace electronic better or electronic and electric engineering?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest