The Student Room Group

GCSE History Study Group 2021-2022

Poll

Which exam board are you taking?

Welcome to the GCSE History Study Group!

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your GCSE exams this summer.

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for!

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications and Advance Information:

AQA Spec

Edexcel Spec

OCR A Spec

OCR B Spec

Eduqas Spec

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Mythical Pingu
Welcome to the GCSE History Study Group!

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your GCSE exams this summer.

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for!

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications and Advance Information:

AQA Spec

Edexcel Spec

OCR A Spec

OCR B Spec

WJEC Spec

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this!

Hi! I am a Year 13 A-Level History Student and got a grade 9 in the Edexcel History GCSE (full marks on my Y11 mock exams) so if anyone needs any help with that exam board, let me know. :smile:
Original post by hamlethoratio
Hi! I am a Year 13 A-Level History Student and got a grade 9 in the Edexcel History GCSE (full marks on my Y11 mock exams) so if anyone needs any help with that exam board, let me know. :smile:

Hello, I would like to know what you did to remember the content
Original post by GcseStudent1000
Hello, I would like to know what you did to remember the content

I used the textbooks (not revision guides as they didn’t have enough detail) and condensed it into several mindmaps. I highlighted all the key bits of info, made sure I understood it and basically just went over those mindmaps a few times.

I didn’t do flashcards at the time but I would recommend doing that as I do it at A-Level and it makes memorising info so much easier. I would only do it for the bits your struggle to remember though like maybe some specific dates or knowledge! As you will be able to remember some generic info without ir
hi! i need some advice on how big of a mistake i made in my germany paper. i’d been revising for weeks so i had good knowledge of the course, but in the last question i was so exhausted that i failed to mention both interpretations, and only talked about / quoted interpretation 2 as we were asked to. i talked a lot about the roles of von papen and hindenburg which was what was in interpretation 1, but i didn’t directly quote the first interpretation or use it as evidence, do you know whether i’ll be capped, or if it will be okay because i wrote about a page on hindenburg and von papen anyway? I do edexcel too, thanks in advance
Original post by ivymaegreen
hi! i need some advice on how big of a mistake i made in my germany paper. i’d been revising for weeks so i had good knowledge of the course, but in the last question i was so exhausted that i failed to mention both interpretations, and only talked about / quoted interpretation 2 as we were asked to. i talked a lot about the roles of von papen and hindenburg which was what was in interpretation 1, but i didn’t directly quote the first interpretation or use it as evidence, do you know whether i’ll be capped, or if it will be okay because i wrote about a page on hindenburg and von papen anyway? I do edexcel too, thanks in advance

honestly it sounds like a minor mistake and I doubt you’ll lose many marks for it. Nevertheless, don’t worry about it now as you can’t change it and just focus on your other GCSE papers as you can still change those :smile:
Hi, how much does it affect your grade in history if you get minor facts wrong in your exam. Like, for example, Tostig's rebellion was in 1062 but if you wrote 1061 and 2-3 other simple mistakes like that overall in the paper, how many marks are you likely to lose overall?
Original post by LilBill_100
Hi, how much does it affect your grade in history if you get minor facts wrong in your exam. Like, for example, Tostig's rebellion was in 1062 but if you wrote 1061 and 2-3 other simple mistakes like that overall in the paper, how many marks are you likely to lose overall?

Hi there,

So I don't know for sure how many marks you would exactly get marked down for! But please don't worry, I don't think it's that much at all - it's literally a one year difference and if you only got 2-3 other mistakes wrong then that's incredibly tiny compared to how well the rest of your essay was i'm sure. I remember coming out of my history GCSE exam thinking I completely butchered it because i'm pretty sure I made up quite a few of the dates and I thought that my arguments were very weak :biggrin: . But come results day I got a 9 and so please don't lose faith! Tiny mistakes like that are incredibly small, and I'm sure there are so many students who didn't even get near 1062 as the date anyway, so you would have done very well in comparison! :tongue:

Good luck for the rest of your other exams :suith:

Marimo
UCL Y2 Med Student
Medic Mind
Anyone here doing Cambridge iGCSE?
Reply 9

Hello I’m writing my gcse’s very soon and I need help with Cold War ,hope you’ll be able to help,Thank you🥹

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending