The Student Room Group

NHS Health Care Assistant

Please keep anonymous, I have my reasons. Thanks.

I applied for a HCA post at the NHS - you work full-time and work towards an NVQ.

They have invited me for an 'assessment'.. they said it involves a literacy and numeracy test. Are they going to interview me as well?

Can anyone tell me how difficult this assessment will be and what kind of questions they might ask me? I've heard they ask a lot of "what would you do if ___" questions which I don't think I'll know how to answer! :eek:

Thank you!
I dont think it will be to challenging, mainly to see if you have a good grasp of english and basic numeracy.
Reply 2
Anonymous

I applied for a HCA post at the NHS - you work full-time and work towards an NVQ.

They have invited me for an 'assessment'.. they said it involves a literacy and numeracy test. Are they going to interview me as well?

Can anyone tell me how difficult this assessment will be and what kind of questions they might ask me? I've heard they ask a lot of "what would you do if ___" questions which I don't think I'll know how to answer! :eek:

Thank you!

Hello, Id guess its an interview or part one of two interviews,

The sort of things they will ask are like:

if you found and elderly woman had fallen over in the toilet what would you do?

there might be some about adult protection and confidentuality, lots of it will be common sense.

Makesure you show empathy as its very important to have empathy in health care.:yep:
Reply 3
Anonymous

Thank you!

I would imagine an interview is standard for HCA jobs. All the ones I applied for certainly interviewed. I never had to do an assessment, probably quite simple.

Questions are the obvious - why this job? Teamwork etc
Reply 4
unzipme
Yeah, the assessment shouldn't be that taxing..!

How would you answer a question like that??

you would call for help because if you tried to help her you could hurt her more, or she could wake up and see you and say you pushed her etc...
Reply 5
i'm a HCA while i wait to return to uni.
it won't be hard, they'll be checking if you have the basic skills to do the job, that's all.

Latest

Trending

Trending