The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London - Film Studies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samsaraxanthe
I just got an unconditional offer for culture, media and creative industries at Kings!!

thats great!! Didn't you write that you had it 4 weeks ago, no?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
That's actually so bizarre, I did not just post that... It just reposted the exact comment from 4 weeks ago... Swear down that's so odd.
Original post by choslmason
thats great!! Didn't you write that you had it 4 weeks ago, no?

It's the original comment I posted before I edited to include "so exciting!" That's actually so weird that it reposted it...
Me too, I'm still waiting for Media BA at UCL. Hopefully we'll hear back soon!

I just got an offer for UCL Media BA! Has anyone else got one?
Original post by Pineapple5445
I just got an offer for UCL Media BA! Has anyone else got one?

Congrats!! I'm still waiting - my application keeps going between received and being considered. Just wondering -- did you talk about film a lot in your PS?
Thank youuu! Hopefully you get one too <3 Yeah my whole statement was about film because it’s the only part of media that interests me :smile:
Original post by Pineapple5445
Thank youuu! Hopefully you get one too <3 Yeah my whole statement was about film because it’s the only part of media that interests me :smile:

Haha fair enough - I really didn't mention it in mine but I got into the KCL media and creative industry course which is more so what I'm interested in (and what I wrote about) but the UCL one also looks super interesting aghh.
Haha fair enough - I really didn't mention it in mine but I got into the KCL media and creative industry course which is more so what I'm interested in (and what I wrote about) but the UCL one also looks super interesting aghh.

Hey! I also have been offered the culture, media and creative industries course at KCL (if that’s the one your also speaking about). Do you think your leaning towards it! Id love to know someone on the course before starting xx
Original post by emilyhmitchell
Hey! I also have been offered the culture, media and creative industries course at KCL (if that’s the one your also speaking about). Do you think your leaning towards it! Id love to know someone on the course before starting xx

Yep! I am :smile: It was my top choice and I still haven’t heard back from UCL. How about you?
I’m currently trying to decide between UCL, Warwick and Kings. I wasn’t expecting 5/5 offers to be honest. I’m leaning towards kings because of the course but the social life aspect scares me as it has no like uni community feel and I have no idea what accommodation to choose!! x
Original post by emilyhmitchell
I’m currently trying to decide between UCL, Warwick and Kings. I wasn’t expecting 5/5 offers to be honest. I’m leaning towards kings because of the course but the social life aspect scares me as it has no like uni community feel and I have no idea what accommodation to choose!! x

Thats so great you got into all 5! I'm still waiting on UCL - but leaning to Kings. I think both uni's are quite similar in terms of social life to be honest (between UCL and Kings). For accom, I really don't know either but some friends from school and I may live in a house together.

Do you live in London?
Reply 31
Original post by tamararama
I got an offer for film studies today at kings and I was wondering if anyone else has applied/received an offer from kings for film or any joint degree with film at kings?? I’m still waiting on ucl so im not 100% sure if im gonna firm it but i’d love to find someone else who is also doing the course :smile:

hi! i got a conditional for film studies at kcl too and firmed it. Which course did you firm in the end?
Original post by taeth
hi! i got a conditional for film studies at kcl too and firmed it. Which course did you firm in the end?

i also firmed film at kcl!
Reply 33
Original post by tamararama
i also firmed film at kcl!

omg that’s so cool!! i was really nervous abt going without rly knowing anyone. are you going to the offer holders day on the 25th? :smile:
Sorry to be late! I reapplied from last year with A*AB. My statement was extra curricular rich which I think is important for the course

Hi, did you apply the year before you got your unconditional offer aswell? and how are you enjoying the course so far?
Reply 35
Sorry to be late! I reapplied from last year with A*AB. My statement was extra curricular rich which I think is important for the course
What type of extra curriculars did you do, if you dont mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest