The Student Room Group

Oxford 2022: Evidence Based Social Intervention and Policy Evaluation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Alright, the upload button has disappeared now!
Mine has also just disappeared now! 😅
I just saw someone on the main Oxford postgrad thread got an offer this evening for their DPhil in EBSIPE so hopefully our results aren't too long a wait!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Fena12289c
Mine has also just disappeared now! 😅

Original post by la_pog
Alright, the upload button has disappeared now!

May I know in which deadline you have applied for?
Original post by bintesha
May I know in which deadline you have applied for?

I applied for the Jan 21 deadline!
Reply 25
Button disappeared too 2 days ago. Jan deadline.
🤞🤞🤞🤞
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi everyone! According to the department, decisions will be out between 18-25th March,
Please update here once you get to know too, it'll definitely help in clanking the anxiety since it's been a long wait!
I was rejected... I was accepted last year but I did not get the scholarship, and this time I wasnt even accepted. :frown:
(edited 2 years ago)
It was a 2am rejection for me! Thought I was a prime candidate, but it's obviously not for me. Best of luck to everyone else <3
Reply 29
Original post by cille1802
It was a 2am rejection for me! Thought I was a prime candidate, but it's obviously not for me. Best of luck to everyone else <3

please don't say like this... Almighty has planned something better for you. If you are not rejected here how you will be accepted there? You are surely a prime candidate
Reply 30
Original post by Jonmodernel
I was rejected. I can not believe this... I was accepted last year but I did not get the scholarship, and this time I wasnt even accepted. :frown:

Please try for the next time too. Don't loose hope. All the best for your other applications.
Heard back folks? Got my rejection today. A little bit sad but don’t mind too much as I’m a mature age student with a full time job.

Would love to hear your outcomes and for those who got accepted - celebrate your success!
Original post by bintesha
Please try for the next time too. Don't loose hope. All the best for your other applications.

Was rejected too! Boo!
Original post by Jonmodernel
I was rejected... I was accepted last year but I did not get the scholarship, and this time I wasnt even accepted. :frown:

Sorry to hear. I was rejected too. First time applicant though. I have written to the school to ask for feedback. I wasn’t sure I would get in though - reasonably ok grades, 5 years experience in management consulting and a masters degree. I was hoping I would be accepted. Tell me about yourself.
I am really sorry to hear about the people getting rejected last night... I hope you will end up somewhere that is the right place for you :smile: May I ask when your buttons disappeared?

At this point, I am not feeling too hopeful as I am coming straight from my undergrad, and just by looking at the profiles on their website it seems like they really value work experience. That being said I do have a decent amount of research experience and some publications, so hoping that will make up for it!
I am really sorry to hear about the people getting rejected last night... I hope you will end up somewhere that is the right place for you :smile: May I ask when your buttons disappeared?

At this point, I am not feeling too hopeful as I am coming straight from my undergrad, and just by looking at the profiles on their website it seems like they really value work experience. That being said I do have a decent amount of research experience and some publications, so hoping that will make up for it!

5 years of work experience. Rejection. Chin up kid. If it’s meant to be, it will happen.
Original post by cille1802

I thought I was a strong candidate too. Work in the field - but sadly it was not to be. What’s your background?
Reply 37
As someone else said, I think it is more about research fit, availability of supervisor, priorities for cohort composition, and sheer luck; in that order of priority. As far as work experience is concerned, I think research fit [in terms of experience as well as interest, and more importantly, the type of research work] might preside over years of non-research experience - especially if the department's focus is on research - but all of these matter - sometimes, the non-research experience might contribute much more to the program.

As I read somewhere, at this stage, when all the applicants who apply to an Institution like Oxford have at least some minimum standard of application (in terms of qualification, experience, interest, etc), it might also be like choosing 25 red apples from a bag of 200+ red apples. Meaning: at some point of the process, all final decisions are a reflection of some sort of a random process - if you repeat the process, with the same pool of applicants, the resulting cohort would be completely different.

Applied on 21 Jan deadline, and waiting for the final decision.
Thanks for this! I hope you get an acceptance!
Reply 39

Have you applied in March deadline or January?
my button is yet to be disappeared.
But I have applied in March deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending