The Student Room Group

Oxford 2022: Evidence Based Social Intervention and Policy Evaluation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bintesha
Have you applied in March deadline or January?
my button is yet to be disappeared.
But I have applied in March deadline.

January deadline, I can imagine the decisions for the March deadline come out later, but not sure how it works.
Hi! I also applied to the same department (MSc in Comparative Social Policy) and re-evaluated against March applicants.
The department’s automatic reply said:
All applicants who have applied for a course at the Department in the late January deadline, should receive a response by Friday 18 March 2022.
All applicants who have applied for a course at the Department in the March deadline, should receive a response by 8 April 2022. Please note this date may be subject to change.
Reply 42
Original post by chanochano33
Hi! I also applied to the same department (MSc in Comparative Social Policy) and re-evaluated against March applicants.
The department’s automatic reply said:
All applicants who have applied for a course at the Department in the late January deadline, should receive a response by Friday 18 March 2022.
All applicants who have applied for a course at the Department in the March deadline, should receive a response by 8 April 2022. Please note this date may be subject to change.

Interesting!

But the last part "subject to change" is a ticket to uncertainty. :biggrin:
Reply 43
Hello Everyone

May I know (international applicant's) about your IELTS score?
Do you have any idea about general IELTS score acceptance in this subject?
Reply 44
Excruciating silence!
Reply 45
Hello Everyone

May I know (international applicant's) about your IELTS score?
Do you have any idea about general IELTS score acceptance in this subject?

The course page mentions min. 7.5 overall and min. 7 per component.
Just got an offer!!! I am over the moon. Only condition is to get an upper second from my current undergraduate degree. Best of luck to everyone waiting!!
Reply 47
Original post by Fena12289c
Just got an offer!!! I am over the moon. Only condition is to get an upper second from my current undergraduate degree. Best of luck to everyone waiting!!

Congratulations to us!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 48

Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉
Reply 49

May I request you to share your timeline in this process.
May I request you to share your timeline in this process.

Sure! I applied for the Jan 21 deadline, the upload button disappeared last Wednesday and got an offer this Monday around noon UK time :smile:
Reply 51
Sure! I applied for the Jan 21 deadline, the upload button disappeared last Wednesday and got an offer this Monday around noon UK time :smile:

Thank you ☺️
Again congrats 🎉
Congratulations!! How marvellous! You must be so excited. Would you sharing your stats?
Reply 53
Thank you so much! I really am so grateful for the opportunity :smile:

And sure! Predicted first-class undergrad at St Andrews (but not perfect grades), four relevant publications (two of them in top journals, but I was only one of many authors), an internship in a policy research institute working on systematic reviews, two research internships, editor in chief of an undergraduate journal, scholar in research and leadership at my uni. That’s about it!

indeed you have a wonderful profile. Best wishes for your future journey ahead. Do you have any idea about March deadline applications?
Reply 54
Hello Everyone

I have applied in March deadline. Just before few hours my upload button disappeared. Anyone applied in March deadline here? Moreover January deadline applicant's: Can you kindly share your timeline of offer/rejection after button got disappeared?
As you can understand: Super Anxious 😰
Hello Everyone

I have applied in March deadline. Just before few hours my upload button disappeared. Anyone applied in March deadline here? Moreover January deadline applicant's: Can you kindly share your timeline of offer/rejection after button got disappeared?
As you can understand: Super Anxious 😰

Hello Bintesha,

I totally feel you!! EXACTLY SAME here.........and same anxious.
I read some applicants from other departments said after the magic button disappeared, if you got an email on Saturday, it is likely to be a rejection......Not sure if it's true, just for your information.
Original post by saaaaally
Hello Bintesha,

I totally feel you!! EXACTLY SAME here.........and same anxious.
I read some applicants from other departments said after the magic button disappeared, if you got an email on Saturday, it is likely to be a rejection......Not sure if it's true, just for your information.

Hi all, I have also applied for the March deadline and my upload button disappeared when I checked this morning. Not sure how long it will take before we hear back but I'm guessing the decisions have been made (yikes!) I heard that an automated email from the system at 2am UKT is unlikely to be good news while if the department directly emails you, it is likely to be an acceptance or wait list, don't know about the weekday/weekend difference. Anyways, wishing everyone the best for the next few days.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by dumpling696
Hi all, I have also applied for the March deadline and my upload button disappeared when I checked this morning. Not sure how long it will take before we hear back but I'm guessing the decisions have been made (yikes!) I heard that an automated email from the system at 2am UKT is unlikely to be good news while if the department directly emails you, it is likely to be an acceptance or wait list, don't know about the weekday/weekend difference. Anyways, wishing everyone the best for the next few days.

Thank you so much for sharing.
Hope for the best.
Original post by dumpling696

fingers crossed for us! can't stop checking my portal...........
Hi, submitted for the January deadline and have received an offer.
Did anyone else who has received an offer apply for ESRC funding? If so, have you heard back yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending