The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

University of Bournemouth vs. Anglia Ruskin University vs. University of Greenwich

hello everyone!

After long research i have finally decided my top three universities I'd like to apply to, I already have a conditional letter to one of the universities i have applied to and are still awaiting the responses for the other two.

i am planning on taking psychology with counselling psychology in university of Greenwich and Bournemouth, and psychology with clinical psychology in Anglia Ruskin university.

However i have no idea which to choose from as they all seem great to me.
I am abroad as of now so i cant not visit any of the universities (but if you about any online tours please do let me know!)

Hoping for brutally honest opinions on each university please! In terms of their lecturers, accommodation, city life, university support, etc.

thank you in advance!
What are you hoping to do after the degree? It seems like you're interested in become a counsellor or clinical psychologist based on your choice of courses. In that case I'd definitely say look to see what clinical work experience opportunities are offered in each course, and more generally in the region the course is based in, as I gather that makes a huge difference when you come to apply for the DClinPsy.
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
What are you hoping to do after the degree? It seems like you're interested in become a counsellor or clinical psychologist based on your choice of courses. In that case I'd definitely say look to see what clinical work experience opportunities are offered in each course, and more generally in the region the course is based in, as I gather that makes a huge difference when you come to apply for the DClinPsy.

thank you so much for the suggestion!! im planning on becoming a counsellor, clinical psychologist or therapist!
what type of clinical work experience opportunities would you suggest i look for within each course?
Original post by Anonymous
thank you so much for the suggestion!! im planning on becoming a counsellor, clinical psychologist or therapist!
what type of clinical work experience opportunities would you suggest i look for within each course?

Not entirely sure as it's not my field, I guess see if they have any placements in those areas? Possibly also if they have the opportunity to earn any qualifications in particular types of counselling in parallel with the course (if that's a thing that can be done - it might be all suc qualifications require you have a degree already).
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
Not entirely sure as it's not my field, I guess see if they have any placements in those areas? Possibly also if they have the opportunity to earn any qualifications in particular types of counselling in parallel with the course (if that's a thing that can be done - it might be all suc qualifications require you have a degree already).

ah okay thank you so much for the help!
Reply 5
Which one did you finally choose? I am applying for ARU's child clinical psy and Bournmouth's clinical, developmental neuropsy next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending