The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Liverpool hope accomodation

Would you recommend staying on campus for your first year or looking for private?
Original post by Charlotteianson
Would you recommend staying on campus for your first year or looking for private?

Most recommend to stay on campus for the first year to help transition into an independent student and living independently and it saves you the stress of having to take transport to and from your lectures because in private accommodation it will be further away. Not only this but you will be moving to a different place and will need to make new friends and find your friend group. Most universities guarantee first year students on campus accommodation for this reason.
However, I understand why private accommodation is appealing because it is cheaper for things such as ensuite and generally less messy and more mature people.
I live abroad in a British overseas territory but I was born in England and all my family is in England. It is going to be a very difficult adjustment for me when I move back to England which is why I am leaning towards campus accommodation. For me, an ensuite is what I am heavily leaning towards but Leicester only offers 20 of the affordable ensuite accommodation at £120 a week. The rest of the ensuites are £165+ which is a big jump but in private accommodation, ensuites are SO much cheaper and affordable. So I'm in the same boat as you.
(edited 2 years ago)
Liverpool
Visit website
Original post by Charlotteianson

Hi :smile:

The great thing about being a campus based university is that all of our facilities are on campus, including accommodation and first year students are guaranteed accommodation on-site. It is personal preference however, the majority of students choose to stay on campus for ease and comfort as well as the opportunity to make friends with many students across the university.

All of our accommodation has been recently renovates and we have a wide range of options for both en-suite and shared facilities. On campus student accommodation generally is also cheaper than private accommodation as prices are monitored by the university.

I hope this helps, if you have any questions please let me know.

Laura :rave:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending