The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sorry to take the piss, but providing you have legs...
Reply 21
snipex
Sorry to take the piss, but providing you have legs...

:biggrin: Is it bad that I laughed? It's really not a great joke. Haha.

Edit to the last post: I should have probably said it CAN take a while.

Okay we've had useful posts, I've been told I don't understand how the female reproductive system works :rolleyes: and there's been the compulsory awful joke. I think this thread has run its course.

Bye guys.

I just said guys...:s-smilie:
Reply 22
anna_spanner89
GET A GRIP OP! Don't go the doctors for a missed period, i'd only go if i missed two periods...especially with a negative pregnancy test!! Periods aren't always 'spot on' with the dates and they're so sensitive, if you are worried about something like this and having sex..maybe you shouldn't as you obviously don't understand the ins and outs of the female reproductive system!!

if you leave it too long and you are pregnant, it may be too late in some cases
Anonymous
As I said earlier I AM giving it a few weeks, if/when I've missed it as opposed to it being late. I was asking about this because IF I end up needing to go and I have to go to the doctors instead of somewhere like Brook/NHS walk in I'd have to go home which wouldn't be for a few weeks anyway.

GET A GRIP ANNA_SPANNER! If you bothered to read my other posts I said 'I wasn't planning on going now or anything. But could do with knowing whether if it doesn't come I need to go the doctors because I can only go when I'll be home in the week.'

I've been having sex for a while now and this is the only time I've been vaguely concerned about this. You don't know me so don't assume you are in a position to say whether I know the ins and outs of the female reproductive system. You can't know as much as you seem to think you do because otherwise you would know that a negative test so early on does not mean I am not pregnant. It takes time for the hormones to show in urine.

I am well aware that my period not having come now does not mean I must be pregnant. As I said the instructions on the pregnancy test said that if my period still has not come within a week a should go to the doctors to see if there was an underlying reason for this. I stated that the condom did not break or have a hole in and I didn't exactly say 'OMG I'm pregnant!!!!!!!!!11111'.

I really don't think this thread needs any more contributions. Thank you to those who gave useful advice. I am waiting a few weeks which will be around the time my next period is due. If I still haven't had it I'll pop into the Brook centre. It's good to know I won't have to arrange to go home for the day and book a doctor's appointment.

well why take a pregnancy test after a 1 week late period, if you're not clockwork? just seems like a) a waste of money and b) an overreaction...but better to be safe than sorry but so many girls dont understand their bodies and think a 'weeks late period' = problems. I do understand the system, im studying it for crying out loud... i also know that pregnancy tests are so well developed that they can trace HCG hormone a week before your period is due with a good reliable brand, usually the digital ones. Don't abuse the anonymous function to insult people please....kinda gay !
anna_spanner89
GET A GRIP OP! Don't go the doctors for a missed period, i'd only go if i missed two periods...especially with a negative pregnancy test!! Periods aren't always 'spot on' with the dates and they're so sensitive, if you are worried about something like this and having sex..maybe you shouldn't as you obviously don't understand the ins and outs of the female reproductive system!!

Lol, you're going to be a **** nurse with an attitude like that.

There are plenty of cases where people with regular and irregular periods have missed one and been preggers, ergo, I wouldn't just dismiss the OP in a rather insensitive manner with your AMAZING amount of medical knowledge.

I don't know why you act so high-and-mighty, all-seeing-all-knowing. Not the right attitude to have at all.
if you want to give them a laugh.

failing that, push the boat out and go to A&E!
smellslikemarmite
Lol, you're going to be a **** nurse with an attitude like that.

There are plenty of cases where people with regular and irregular periods have missed one and been preggers, ergo, I wouldn't just dismiss the OP in a rather insensitive manner with your AMAZING amount of medical knowledge.

I don't know why you act so high-and-mighty, all-seeing-all-knowing. Not the right attitude to have at all.

because i am high and mighty and all knowing?? and to be frank when i am a nurse i will give people the tough love when they're overreacting as i've seen it works, some people get them selves so worked up with worry and over-thinking that they always conisder the worse situation possible and take silly risks and acts...so yeah, some may call it '**** nursing' but i believe its taking people down to reality
Reply 27
anna_spanner89

Not like I've gone anon just to insult you, just keeping anon for the whole thread. If you feel insulted though I do apologise (although you did just say I'm 'kinda gay:rolleyes:'), just trying to explain that a)I'm not a (complete:p: ) idiot and do understand these things and b) waiting until you've missed 2 periods isn't always the best.

*shrug* I hadn't thought about not being regular til just since once it changed it stayed on the same day every month and I'd just forgotten. a) Wasn't exactly expensive and b) Didn't seem like an overreaction (though it may be) because of the thing about being irregular I said and because at least it put my mind at rest a bit as daft as that may be.

I really am going to stop replying to this thread now (she says:rolleyes:)
Reply 28
KayleeLand
if you want to give them a laugh.

failing that, push the boat out and go to A&E!

(Yeah, I'm replying and I said I wouldn't... I know)

Of course they'd really laugh at me if I went in after being a month/a few weeks late. Do some people either not realise that it's better to be safe than sorry or are they not even paying attention to the fact that I was asking for information about whether I would have to go to the doctors or the NHS walk in NOT saying I was going now. :rolleyes:
Why don't u wait to see if it comes next month?

U shouldn't be so stupid in not using protection.

Have u learnt the lesson?
Reply 30
Erm...she said they were using a condom.
Yeah OP, walking centers work. Or the brooke clinic. :smile: I've used both for various reasons and I prefered the clinic, so much nicer.

Hope you get what you want and well done for not listening to anna the wanna-be-midwife. She may be learning about it but I'm sure lots of ladies on tsr can speak from experiance about the horror of a late period :smile:

Try to keep calm and just relax, hopefully all will be resolved soon. Nice of your boyfriend to come with. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending