The Student Room Group

Psychology Conversion Course BPP Experience?

I would very much like to study offline in London and would love to start asap hence strongly considering BPP. I didn’t find another option to start in May. As some google reviews for BPP sound very scary I was wondering if anybody here took this course and could share their experiences?
Original post by Nad15
I would very much like to study offline in London and would love to start asap hence strongly considering BPP. I didn’t find another option to start in May. As some google reviews for BPP sound very scary I was wondering if anybody here took this course and could share their experiences?

Unlikely anyone on this forum will have done the psychology course specifically. My experience on the LPC at BPP was horrendous however.
Reply 2
Original post by Gmaster1980
Unlikely anyone on this forum will have done the psychology course specifically. My experience on the LPC at BPP was horrendous however.

Hi Gmaster, thank you very much for your answer. That sounds similar to the horrible google reviews. Why do you think it is unlikely that somebody here did/ is doing the course?
I wish you a great day.
Original post by Nad15
Hi Gmaster, thank you very much for your answer. That sounds similar to the horrible google reviews. Why do you think it is unlikely that somebody here did/ is doing the course?
I wish you a great day.

Because this is the forum for legal careers.
Reply 4
Original post by Nad15

Hi,
I did the Psychology Conversion Course (Online) and would have a hard time recommending it to anyone. While many of my issues were related to the time difference and method of online instruction I would say a big part of my unpleasant experience was based on how insanely overworked the profs are. They had literally HUNDREDS of students in each class they taught meaning they rarely had time to answer questions and the marking was understandably slow. I often did not receive feedback on the first essay until after the second essay had already been submitted. I was also graded entirely on these two essays per course (not sure if this is normal for the UK but it's not here in Canada). Having half your grade based on an essay you can't get feedback on was very stressful. I ended up doing OK in the course but felt like with feedback and the ability to ask questions I could have done much better. I think if you want a quick and VERY self-directed/self-paced program it might be the right one for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending