The Student Room Group

RETAKING Computer Science A Level

In 2017 I didn't get the grade I wanted in computer science, I don't believe my sixth form offers retakes because of the coursework involved. I've looked at local colleges and none of them offer an A level. Does anybody know of anywhere private I can pay and study remotely?

(I would like an A level specifically as my other two subjects were BTECs, while I did well in them I think an A level would look much better alongside them).

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
You can carry forward the mark you achieved on the NEA and just re-sit the exams
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
You can carry forward the mark you achieved on the NEA and just re-sit the exams

I didn't do well on it though. I'm willing to re-do the coursework & the exams, but I'm not sure I can. Are there any other alternatives that could help me get into a good university & rectify the bad A Level Result?
Reply 3
Original post by Walsall09
I didn't do well on it though. I'm willing to re-do the coursework & the exams, but I'm not sure I can. Are there any other alternatives that could help me get into a good university & rectify the bad A Level Result?

Hey, any update on this? I’m in the same situation.
Reply 4
Original post by Pastore
Hey, any update on this? I’m in the same situation.

Hey did you figure this out?
Reply 5
Original post by broccolih
Hey did you figure this out?

Hey I'm also in a similar situation, what did you decide
Reply 6
Original post by Mooeyyy
Hey I'm also in a similar situation, what did you decide

It's pretty frustrating, I might have to stay in a different city overnight to sit my exams as nowhere near me will do AQA Computer Science.
There is even a TutorsandExams centre 30 mins from me that only do OCR computing and won't let me take it unless I redo the NEA. I dunnoooooo. Wbu?
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest