The Student Room Group

Dental Nursing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by freeuzi_
how did you find your apprenticeship? ive spoken to 2 so far and they said that they couldnt take me on since i said i wouldnt be able to commit 18 months, only 15 if i get in next year

Nooooo you don’t need to tell them thatttt. Don’t tell them!!! Just join the apprenticeship and then leave after you go to uni. It won’t cost you anything at all to leave, don’t worry!

Honestly, it started literally today so I don’t have much to say about it 😂 but ngl they seem disorganised but that’s the actual course’s fault, it’s not because it’s a government apprenticeship
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
Nooooo you don’t need to tell them thatttt. Don’t tell them!!! Just join the apprenticeship and then leave after you go to uni. It won’t cost you anything at all to leave, don’t worry!

Honestly, it started literally today so I don’t have much to say about it 😂 but ngl they seem disorganised but that’s the actual course’s fault, it’s not because it’s a government apprenticeship

ahh alright makes sense 😅

and fair enough, let me know how youre finding it a few weeks down the line :P
ahh alright makes sense 😅

and fair enough, let me know how youre finding it a few weeks down the line :P

I definitely will!! :smile:
how did you find your apprenticeship? ive spoken to 2 so far and they said that they couldnt take me on since i said i wouldnt be able to commit 18 months, only 15 if i get in next year

Just apply and when you have your place at dental school, tell them then that you’re leaving in Sept 2023 :smile: no point telling them now when you don’t have a place ☺️
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Welcome to TSR's Dental Nursing thread. This is a dedicated space to discuss:

Apprenticeships, degrees and training courses to become a dental nurse

Dental nursing exams

Dental nursing career pathways and progression

Feel free to ask for help, advice and chat with other fellow dental nurses and those considering or have recently entered the profession.

Please remember the TSR rules:

Spoiler

hi. do u know what was the passing mark for this year written exam?
Original post by NicholasO
hi. do u know what was the passing mark for this year written exam?

I don’t know but I got 92% hehe
Information about the national diploma for dental nursing:

There’s two exams. Written and practical. As well as this, you have coursework style work to do.

@Chopinnocturne31 is currently doing her coursework style work, right now. It’s known as ROE. Takes a minimum of 3 months to complete.

For the written exam there are two sittings a year. Nov and April. This exam is a MCQ exam with 100 Qs.

For the practical there are two sittings a year as well. Jan and June.

You have to pass your written exam before you can sit the practical. Is there anything else you’d like to know?
(edited 1 year ago)
Can I please ask what the minimum time is to complete the diploma? If I register with a private provider could I qualify within 12 months? Also how many hours do you have to do in the clinic to qualify?
Original post by dejectedreject
Can I please ask what the minimum time is to complete the diploma? If I register with a private provider could I qualify within 12 months? Also how many hours do you have to do in the clinic to qualify?

You have to work minimum 16 hours a week.

I qualified within a year. It’s possible :smile:
I start my apprenticeship on Monday and was wondering if anyone has any tips?

Quick Reply

Latest