The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Physics Paper 1 7408/1 - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by someone2005
can you link me the thread about the AS physics paper

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7213377
Original post by hamza…
Im not a physics student but can anyone tell me how close the content in the exam was to the advanced information list? It could help me out in my other science subjects

The paper kind of followed the advanced information and also didn't. The majority of the topics on the advanced info came up but some of the stuff that wasn't mentioned did come up. One of the questions that came up was a large mark question and the rest appeared in the form of multiple choice questions, however, this is based on if you do AQA A level sciences and may vary for different subjects/exam boards.
Does the majority of the ppl find this paper easy? Cause I found it pretty tough, so I am a bit worried now.
Original post by LeoHsieh20040725
Does the majority of the ppl find this paper easy? Cause I found it pretty tough, so I am a bit worried now.

Uh, it was definitely on the easier side this time around and I say that objectively. The questions were mostly linear applications of formulas and the theory was also not too difficult with the hardest theory question being the evidence for anti neutrino imo but even that was doable with a bit of application. (although the only theory question I didn't get was the one explaining differences in spectra because I thought it wasn't coming up.) The hardest numerical question was probably the 3 marker on gamma photons that one was tricky. Other than that you had the door question which was all fairly simple application. The circular motion question was almost entirely just basic use of the formulas and a bit of theory application straight from the textbook. 6 marker on optics speaks for itself. I forgot what the last big marked question was (4 or 5). In terms of the mcqs they were about the same as they always are and all were doable within about 40 to 45 minutes to get then mostly or all correct. EDIT: just remembered the one I forgot was electricity and aside from a relatively tricky 3 or 4 marker to find r the rest was straightforward. I say relatively because it was probably the tricky maths question aside from gamma photons. So although there were a few tricky questions here and there almost no question on this paper was hard
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Nineteen002
Uh, it was definitely on the easier side this time around and I say that objectively. The questions were mostly linear applications of formulas and the theory was also not too difficult with the hardest theory question being the evidence for anti neutrino imo but even that was doable with a bit of application. (although the only theory question I didn't get was the one explaining differences in spectra because I thought it wasn't coming up.) The hardest numerical question was probably the 3 marker on gamma photons that one was tricky. Other than that you had the door question which was all fairly simple application. The circular motion question was almost entirely just basic use of the formulas and a bit of theory application straight from the textbook. 6 marker on optics speaks for itself. I forgot what the last big marked question was (4 or 5). In terms of the mcqs they were about the same as they always are and all were doable within about 40 to 45 minutes to get then mostly or all correct. EDIT: just remembered the one I forgot was electricity and aside from a relatively tricky 3 or 4 marker to find r the rest was straightforward. I say relatively because it was probably the tricky maths question aside from gamma photons. So although there were a few tricky questions here and there almost no question on this paper was hard

Crap, I think for that paper I got a minimum of 52/85, is that in between for a paper like that?
Who have the solution for paper 1? Maybe someone did
How did everyone find the exam? I mean, paper 2
Can someone tell me if the as papers you guys sat last year were absolute hell or do I need to stop having a total panic attack
Original post by Maddie wooooo
Can someone tell me if the as papers you guys sat last year were absolute hell or do I need to stop having a total panic attack

Personally, I was an A* student, I found paper1 alright but paper 2 gave me a pain, I remember I was sweating during the exam, paper3 wwent terrible for me and I thought I'd get a B overall if I'm lucky. As we got closer to the results day I had panic attacks. At the end I ended up getting an A*.
What I want to tell you is, everyone has different experience with their exams, do not worry at all. Don't even think about (hard to do) and just wait until the results day.
Good luck :smile:
Reply 1250
Original post by Maddie wooooo

I thought they went well, I liked physics and revised as such, but I did so much better than expected, the grade boundaries were lower than I thought, so I would say yeah they were kinda tough. It's okay, you'll do better than you think, just keep at it and revising :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending