The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Physics Paper 2 7408/2 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cata03
Yeah omg that question was soo weird, I had to use parametric differentiation from A2 maths for one part of it (only once I'd seen the mark scheme lol) like wtf?? And yeah the astronaut one was also so odd - the poor people who actually sat that exam oml. I don't know whether they'll make paper 2 hard considering paper 1 wasn't too bad and last year's papers were so much harder.

i think they’ll defo make paper 2 harder now just because they eased us in with a decent paper 1 so now they might wna spread out the grade boundaries a bit more with a harder paper ahshskdn how are you feeling for paper 2? good luck in advance ((:
Original post by fluffypoopies
i think they’ll defo make paper 2 harder now just because they eased us in with a decent paper 1 so now they might wna spread out the grade boundaries a bit more with a harder paper ahshskdn how are you feeling for paper 2? good luck in advance ((:

Hmmm I'm not really sure to be honest - I was so nervous for paper 1, sp I think I made a lot of stupid mistakes and want to make up for it on paper 2. I've probably done the most practice on the paper 2 content overall so hopefully i'll be okay :smile: how about you?
Original post by cata03
Hmmm I'm not really sure to be honest - I was so nervous for paper 1, sp I think I made a lot of stupid mistakes and want to make up for it on paper 2. I've probably done the most practice on the paper 2 content overall so hopefully i'll be okay :smile: how about you?

I hope paper 2 goes better for you then!! i am actually dreading paper 2 lol the second i feel like i get something, i start doing qs and then realise how much i still dont know :// paper 3 is gonna be even worse bc my school didnt even finish all the practicals and i just feel like aqa might start asking about random practicals not listed in the advance info
Btw do u lot feel this physics exam is harder or easier than the 2019,2018,2017?
Original post by LeoHsieh20040725
Btw do u lot feel this physics exam is harder or easier than the 2019,2018,2017?

for me i would say that 2019 was more straight forward but 2017 was i the hardest out of all
Original post by abdul 580
for me i would say that 2019 was more straight forward but 2017 was i the hardest out of all

Like would u say the paper 1 for 2017 is similar to paper 1 in 2022?
Like would u say the paper 1 for 2017 is similar to paper 1 in 2022?

I am not too sure but maybe since i found paper 1 okay because i did so many sill mistakes and other people found it easy, they would make the paper a bit harder especially the multiple choice please have at least 25 mins for the multiple choice because for my mocks we did the 2021 papers and i only had 15 mins to do all of the multiple choice and some were hard and long so practice a lot!!!
i found them really hard too, especially paper 2. even the AS 2021 paper felt so much harder than usual. my teacher was saying that apparently they made the 2021 papers way harder because they wanted to limit the number of high grades they gave out bc of the grade inflation in teacher assessed grades that year (since these were the resits). but idk whether thats even true or not lol

I got told something like this too, resits were made a lot harder, because these were exams students who disputed their teacher assessed grades would take
So will the grade boundaries be lower than last year, due to this not being a resit?
So will the grade boundaries be lower than last year, due to this not being a resit?

Grade boundaries are determined after the exam has been sat
Original post by fortified_shi
Grade boundaries are determined after the exam has been sat

Arghh I am so nervous, I need at least a B for my uni offer, but I am not sure where the grade boundaries will lie between due to in 2019 it’s 142/250 for a B, but in every other year it’s 128/250, if it’s higher than 2019 then I am so screwed
Original post by Mythical Pingu

AQA A Level Physics Paper 2 7408/2 - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 10th June PM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Based
Arghh I am so nervous, I need at least a B for my uni offer, but I am not sure where the grade boundaries will lie between due to in 2019 it’s 142/250 for a B, but in every other year it’s 128/250, if it’s higher than 2019 then I am so screwed

Its most likely based on percentages, they said it will be between 2019 and 2021 grades so look at what percent got B's in JUNE 2019 and what percent got B's in JUNE 2021 (June not November) and compare that to grades and find a midpoint between the two and that would be a good estimate. However if Paper 2 and 3 are as easy as Paper 1 was I think the boundaries may be a bit higher than the midpoint.
Original post by TomD1234
Its most likely based on percentages, they said it will be between 2019 and 2021 grades so look at what percent got B's in JUNE 2019 and what percent got B's in JUNE 2021 (June not November) and compare that to grades and find a midpoint between the two and that would be a good estimate. However if Paper 2 and 3 are as easy as Paper 1 was I think the boundaries may be a bit higher than the midpoint.

Are u saying find a midpoint for the grade boundaries, between 2019 and 2021?
Original post by charliee124778
yh add me on discord Mantiz1#5232

will do :smile:
Reply 55
paper 1 was quite easy the multiple choice questions were straight forward tbh
Reply 56
Original post by Starlow
Hi
Son's teacher suggested that the following part of the thermal spec (3.6.2.3 Molecular kinetic theory model), would never come up and it's not worth revising / remembering. Wondered whether you'd been given similar advice / what you think about that?

"Assumptions leading to pV = 1/3Nm cms2
including derivation of the equation and calculations."

Thanks.

i would NOT trust that. Thermal physics Kinetic Model link with the KE . You should revise for EVERYTHING - pV questions are the most common questions molecular kinetic theory questions always crop us with stating for eg : state 2 assumption of KE model
Reply 57

yep , not looking forward to the nuclear questions
Are u saying find a midpoint for the grade boundaries, between 2019 and 2021?

Not grade boundaries, since no exams were sat in June 2021, but instead use the results statistics on how many people got a B in both years and find the midpoint there and use that to estimate the grade boundaries (there is about 20% more people who got a B in 2021 than 2019)

Here's the 2019 and 2021 statistics to see:
2019: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-STATS-JUN-2019.PDF
2021: This one is an excel spreadsheet so just search up "A-level results statistics June 2021 - AQA" and it should come up
Original post by TomD1234
Not grade boundaries, since no exams were sat in June 2021, but instead use the results statistics on how many people got a B in both years and find the midpoint there and use that to estimate the grade boundaries (there is about 20% more people who got a B in 2021 than 2019)

Here's the 2019 and 2021 statistics to see:
2019: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-STATS-JUN-2019.PDF
2021: This one is an excel spreadsheet so just search up "A-level results statistics June 2021 - AQA" and it should come up

wow i just checked those stats and can’t believe the proportion of people getting a*s jumped from like 9% to 22% in physics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending