The Student Room Group

Leicester A100 / A199 2022 Offer Holders

Welcome to the University of Leicester A100 / A199 2022 Offer Holders.

For general information click: https://le.ac.uk/medicine/study/mbchb

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Huge congrats to everyone who got offers! I'm sure you're all going to be brilliant doctors in the future :h::h:
(edited 2 years ago)
hello,
well done everyone.
Did you guys get the conditional offer where you have to do a health assessment? If so have you guys got the email for the assesment yet or still waiting
Reply 3
Anyone going offers holders day
Original post by aq_171

I am. Do we have to book like tours and stuff for the day? I remember there was only a general one to book for medicine but most unis tend to ask you to pick separate tours around the uni too so a bit confused
I am as well going to the OHD: wish we would get like a timetable or something soon to see what the plan is for it
Reply 6
may i know when is the OHD?
A week from tomorrow
Reply 8
Congratulations to everyone with an offer!!! Just wondering if the offer holder day is online too?
Reply 9
Original post by nnn1099
Congratulations to everyone with an offer!!! Just wondering if the offer holder day is online too?

in person i believe
Original post by aq_171

yes i am :smile:
Do you think they will give us a tour of all the accommodation on the offer holder day?
Reply 12
i live in leicester, i promise, its not as nice a city as they make out
Original post by rp498

Best and worst bits?
Reply 14
best i'd say diversity I guess, huge range of cultural shops and stuff all over the city. Football, rugby and basketball teams are all class aswell.

worst, anti-social behaviour is crazy, clubs are average, a hit and miss depending on when you go. cafes are crazily overpriced, and parks are just not nice places. not much going for students to do
Reply 15
Original post by johndeflank123
Do you think they will give us a tour of all the accommodation on the offer holder day?

It says that there's one from 10am-3pm? Looking at the accommodation is probs the main reason i'm going but I'm quite confused how it's going to work. Hopefully it's like a 'drop-in' sort of thing.
Original post by rp498
best i'd say diversity I guess, huge range of cultural shops and stuff all over the city. Football, rugby and basketball teams are all class aswell.

worst, anti-social behaviour is crazy, clubs are average, a hit and miss depending on when you go. cafes are crazily overpriced, and parks are just not nice places. not much going for students to do

Original post by rp498

I guess it depends on where you live, there’s rough areas in every city. Sure, Leicester is a really small city compared to the big ones like London, Birmingham, etc so there’s not as much to do but there’s definitely a lot of student bars, sports clubs, activities for students to do. Also, to correct you Leicester is actually one of the most affordable so I would definitely disagree with the cafes being overpriced, probably the fancy shmancy ones but not the majority. Diversity, as you mentioned is a definite positive not an ‘I guess’ as it has resulted in many different affordable restaurants for us to choose from and people from different backgrounds won’t feel as isolated here. Many parks here including one right next door to the campus called Victoria park but if you’re willing to travel further a lot of nice parks in the suburbs too! The anti-social part I can relate to but maybe I’m just not that extroverted of a person.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by the mumivator
Best and worst bits?

See my reply above :smile: in terms of worst bits I guess some areas are just not aesthetically pleasing
Reply 18
What accommodation is everyone thinking of applying for? Not sure if village or city is better
Hi I am going to the offer holder day on Saturday but arriving Friday afternoon and staying in central hotel. Is anyone else going to be around on Friday at all?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending