The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Switching to Economics at Bath for a lower offer?

I had initially applied to bath for Maths and Physics for 2022 entry and have received an offer. However, since then, they have allowed me to switch my application to Economics. I feel that the requirement of A*AA is too high for me as all my other unis have offered me AAB. But bath is my first choice and would really like to go there at the end of the year. I have an A* in EPQ which I understand lowers my offer to AAA. but I still think this may not be achievable for me. How strict are bath on these grade requirements? Would i be able to plead my case and ask for potentially an AAB offer? Has anyone gotten an offer lower than AAA at bath for economics? would really appreciate the help.
Original post by maxcovel39
I had initially applied to bath for Maths and Physics for 2022 entry and have received an offer. However, since then, they have allowed me to switch my application to Economics. I feel that the requirement of A*AA is too high for me as all my other unis have offered me AAB. But bath is my first choice and would really like to go there at the end of the year. I have an A* in EPQ which I understand lowers my offer to AAA. but I still think this may not be achievable for me. How strict are bath on these grade requirements? Would i be able to plead my case and ask for potentially an AAB offer? Has anyone gotten an offer lower than AAA at bath for economics? would really appreciate the help.

Don't approach them - focus on your A levels. Why don't you think you'll get the grades? If there is a mitigating reason then your school could write to Bath to ask them to take it into account in August.

If you miss they still might offer you a place.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Would i be able to plead my case and ask for potentially an AAB offer?

Offer conditions are not negotiable.

Its simple really - if you dont want to work harder for a place at Bath then pick one of the 'easier' Unis.

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

I'm afraid offers from the University are non-negotiable, but you are correct that a Grade A or above in the EPQ lowers the offer to AAA.

Sorry, it is near impossible to say how the University will approach 'near-miss' applicants on A Level Results Day each year. It depends on numerous variables, many of which are not known until A Level Results Day itself. You can read more about the University's approach under the heading 'Flexibility with missed offers' here: https://www.bath.ac.uk/guides/applying-for-undergraduate-study-in-2022/.

Hope this helps and please do ask if you have any further questions.

James
Final Year Student

Quick Reply

Latest