The Student Room Group

Personal Statement - Mention about current course??

Hey guys, hope this is okay here - the PS section is private and i wanted everyone to be able to see it for a quciker answer... hope thats ok!

just a quick question I have.

Almost completed my personal statement, however I haven't mentioned about my current course.

My question is; How important/necessary is it for me to mention my current course?

Reason being is I'm dead on the 47 out of 47 line limit, and with the numerous times of tweaking its become harder and harder to eliminate sentences etc.

My current course is ICT, and i'm applying for somethign different (Engineering).

Can anyone let me know???

Thanks,
JayB23
Reply 1
Wow 31 views and not only reply?

Only asking whether its crucial or not to include your current course in your Personal Statement! :smile:

Is your current course an undergraduate degree course and you are applying for another undergraduate degree course?
Reply 3
current course as in college course.
I think I've replied elsewhere to this. The course you are applying for is significant different from the one you are on. I think you should only mention it in as far as it allows you to establish your credentials for the one you are applying for, and certainly not just for the sake of it.

Latest

Trending

Trending