The Student Room Group

any free resources for online talks/lectures/masterclasses for personal statements?

in particular, psychology or biomed/biology. looking for ways to immerse myself more, and to add to my personal statement. I've already completed some open university MOOCs but really want to stand out, however I live in a place where I am nkt able to physically attend anything like this. any help would be amazing !!!
Hey, I am currently doing biomed. With the PS, there is a lot of advice on YouTube and websites. You can just google, biomedicine personal statement advice or something similar. From my experience, make sure you include what you are learning from your current subjects. For example, I mentioned my interest in the human body and how chemistry and biology helped me learn more about it. Try to add a personal connection with it and what motivates you to pursue the course you are applying for. Make sure to also mention any volunteering experiences and importantly what skills you learned from them. Even if it's one sentence saying, I volunteered at a local shop and developed my communications skills.

A lot of universities also have advice on what the PS should include. You can use that as a guide too. There are examples online (not from the university itself) that you can check out.
(edited 1 week ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending