The Student Room Group

Can I write and adapt my personal statement to suit different universities?

I have four universities I am considering applying to at the end of this year. The question I'm wondering is if I can make minor changes throughout my statement depending on where I am submitting it to. For the one university, I am considering mentioning why I chose them, and I want to include notes on the location. However, if I do this, I will not be able to submit it to the other universities as they are on opposite ends of the UK, and so I would leave out notes on the location for the other three options (meaning I would have to adapt it to suit different universities).

If this is not allowed or is not recommended, I assume it would be best to leave university-specific information out and focus on the course details instead?
Applying on UCAS means all universities see the same personal statement and you have to talk about the course instead - but that is what they will be more interested in regardless :smile: A few unis (Eg. Durham) do allow you to submit a separate personal statement for them but that's usually aimed at people applying to slightly different courses at their uni (Eg. natural science as opposed to a single science)
No, you write one PS which is about you and your interest in the course. Your school will guide you.
Original post by noodlestopshop_
I have four universities I am considering applying to at the end of this year. The question I'm wondering is if I can make minor changes throughout my statement depending on where I am submitting it to. For the one university, I am considering mentioning why I chose them, and I want to include notes on the location. However, if I do this, I will not be able to submit it to the other universities as they are on opposite ends of the UK, and so I would leave out notes on the location for the other three options (meaning I would have to adapt it to suit different universities).

If this is not allowed or is not recommended, I assume it would be best to leave university-specific information out and focus on the course details instead?
Original post by RSADH
Some s.

TSR has all the info needed
Original post by noodlestopshop_

Hey,

I am a current 3rd year student at Nottingham.
I applied to different unis and different courses so had to be reasonably broad when it came to writing my personal statement. I was advised to not mention anything university specific and focus more on my characteristics that I have developed to make me suitable for studying sciences (as this is what I was applying to).

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just let me know,
Emily :smile:
Reply 5
hi how would you write a personal statement targeting both medicine and pharmacy as I am wanting to apply to medicine as my first choice through partners at newcastle only as I don't have the typical 3A's needed for medicine but thats the course i really want to take. I am applying to pharmacy as my other 4 options but found out that i can only make one personal statement that has to target both courses. is there any advice for how I can apply to both of these courses without being rejected automatically?
Original post by eshal123!
hi how would you write a personal statement targeting both medicine and pharmacy as I am wanting to apply to medicine as my first choice through partners at newcastle only as I don't have the typical 3A's needed for medicine but thats the course i really want to take. I am applying to pharmacy as my other 4 options but found out that i can only make one personal statement that has to target both courses. is there any advice for how I can apply to both of these courses without being rejected automatically?

Write it for medicine and contact the pharmacy uni and ask whether they’ll consider a statement submitted directly to them.
Reply 7
(Original post by Admit-One)Write it for medicine and contact the pharmacy uni and ask whether they’ll consider a statement submitted directly to them.

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending