The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Applying for both LSE Bsc Finance and Bsc Economics

Hi, I am planning to apply to LSE twice for both the Finance and Economics course, since the finance course is heavily economics based.

I have hence managed to make my personal statement balanced for both courses, but I was worried that i might be disadvantages when my personal statement is looked at due to not showing passion for a singular course?

if anyone is able to provide any thought or reassurance that would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Yes you are right. Writing a personal statement for two different courses will most likely result in rejection from both from a uni like LSE that’s places a lot of weight on the PS.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Typhoons
Yes you are right. Writing a personal statement for two different courses will most likely result in rejection from both from a uni like LSE that’s places a lot of weight on the PS.

My worry is less about the personal statement though, because everything i’ve talked about has mentioned both economic and its applications to finance, it’s more about whether lse will see I have applied to both and reject me from both due to not appearing to be fully dedicated to one

thanks for your insight tho
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
My worry is less about the personal statement though, because everything i’ve talked about has mentioned both economic and its applications to finance, it’s more about whether lse will see I have applied to both and reject me from both due to not appearing to be fully dedicated to one

thanks for your insight tho

Ah ok, you said in the OP you worried when they looked at your personal statement it would show that you had not shown passion for a singular course.
On the LSE website it does say that they will know you applied to two courses and will only give you a maximum of 1 offer. ( unlike most other unis if applying to different departments). And that applying to two courses does not increase the likelihood of receiving and offer. Reading between the lines, to me it seems they asking you to decide which course you prefer before applying and applying for one.
(edited 7 months ago)
Hi, I am planning to apply to LSE twice for both the Finance and Economics course, since the finance course is heavily economics based.

I have hence managed to make my personal statement balanced for both courses, but I was worried that i might be disadvantages when my personal statement is looked at due to not showing passion for a singular course?

if anyone is able to provide any thought or reassurance that would be much appreciated.

Hey,

I was wondering as to what’s the main reason you are applying to both. I’m currently in year 12 and looking to BSc Economics and applying for 2 degrees at LSE seems good but kinda risky. I also wanted to ask what are your predicted grades and GCSEs like too?

Thanks
Reply 5
Hey,

I was wondering as to what’s the main reason you are applying to both. I’m currently in year 12 and looking to BSc Economics and applying for 2 degrees at LSE seems good but kinda risky. I also wanted to ask what are your predicted grades and GCSEs like too?

Thanks

hey, the main reason i'm applying for both is that LSE is my number one choice, and so i dont mind using up 2 options for it, and my personal statement covers both courses so not sure which would be the ideal one. My predicted grades are A*A*A*A* in Maths, Further Maths, Econ and Geo, and my GCSEs are 9999999999.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending