The Student Room Group

AQA A-level computer science paper 1

With the EAD out for AQA A-level computer science would anyone know what sort of questions could arise for each section?
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Have a look here https://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/A-level_Computing/AQA/Paper_1/Skeleton_program/2022. It's a great wiki with lots of suggestions for Section C and Section D possible questions. There are sample answers to the coding questions too which may help you prep.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by Komodo_MoDo
With the EAD out would anyone know what sort of questions could arise?

I do AQA... I think 4.4 will be an adjacency matrix seeing as these have definitely been left in, 4.5 possibly the trace table, 4.1 and 4.3 possibly a graph traversal? or maybe something to do with the sorting/searching algortihms?
you obviously have the advanced info now meaning you know these are the things that will be asked about so if you can learn everything on there very well for section A that should cover you for most things, it doesnt look like too many longer answer questions from the mark allocations
how are you guys learning the code, I have a rough idea about what it is because of the tasks we were given but does any one have any tips?
I never really learnt which is why im struggling to write code, i use w3 schools for tips they explain everything very well, sadly we dont have access to this in the exam. useful is to try past section B questions using w3 schools and that may help you grasp some common ideas, that has helped me a bit? otherwise try some online courses?
Reply 5
Original post by itxtamara
how are you guys learning the code, I have a rough idea about what it is because of the tasks we were given but does any one have any tips?

Im trying to learn the code through using questions my teacher gave me from ZigZig Education 2021, just by looking at the questions asked and using the mark scheme to see how they made the changes. Some of it is absolutely absurd and I dont even know how Im going to answer 13 mark question on the code. My coding skills aren't the best.
Im trying to learn the code through using questions my teacher gave me from ZigZig Education 2021, just by looking at the questions asked and using the mark scheme to see how they made the changes. Some of it is absolutely absurd and I dont even know how Im going to answer 13 mark question on the code. My coding skills aren't the best.

we have the zigzag too but that stuff is so complex, I stopped after task 10 lmao. my teacher said that he doubts they would ask such complex questions like that
Reply 7
With the EAD out for AQA A-level computer science would anyone know what sort of questions could arise for each section?

So just my general thoughts after just having a paper 1 mock. The EAD we have been give section A totals to 33marks within 4 questions.
Question 4 being the obvious Trace tables, probably adjacency matrix question, graph traversal and perhaps your search/sorting algorithm. Questions 2/3 are split up can could possibly small questions (More likely question 3) what I'm thinking that could be a time complexity question/hashing problem.

Question 2 totalled of 11 marks which could be the longer questions like: recursive techniques, abstract data types/data structures etc. And finally question 1 which are 3 vertical boxes I am not to sure.

All of what I've said is just in accordance with the advanced material and is nothing too specific and seemingly that there are 4 questions and the advanced material reduced the 4 topics its safe to assume that each question could be on each topic of the a level. ~ Just my thoughts on section A as there hasn't been any insight into it yet.
Hi, where would I find the link for the EAD online? If you could send it, it would be really helpful.
So just my general thoughts after just having a paper 1 mock. The EAD we have been give section A totals to 33marks within 4 questions.
Question 4 being the obvious Trace tables, probably adjacency matrix question, graph traversal and perhaps your search/sorting algorithm. Questions 2/3 are split up can could possibly small questions (More likely question 3) what I'm thinking that could be a time complexity question/hashing problem.

Question 2 totalled of 11 marks which could be the longer questions like: recursive techniques, abstract data types/data structures etc. And finally question 1 which are 3 vertical boxes I am not to sure.

All of what I've said is just in accordance with the advanced material and is nothing too specific and seemingly that there are 4 questions and the advanced material reduced the 4 topics its safe to assume that each question could be on each topic of the a level. ~ Just my thoughts on section A as there hasn't been any insight into it yet.

You think they’ll ask stuff that isn’t on the advanced info like hashing?
Hey, Where can I find the EAD? do u have a link?
Hi, if anyone does have the EAD could I have a copy too? thanks x
Any tips on the the coding part of this paper I always struggle with that since I was never taught coding properly.
Does anyone have access to the ZigZag education skeleton code resources? If you do I'd really appreciate it if you could send it to me :smile:
Original post by Aaaaaaaayyihg
Does anyone have access to the ZigZag education skeleton code resources? If you do I'd really appreciate it if you could send it to me :smile:

Hello! Can you share your email id? The forum won't let me share files greater than 500kb
Original post by Starzia-Telly
Hi, if anyone does have the EAD could I have a copy too? thanks x

Here you go!
Original post by conradg
Hey, Where can I find the EAD? do u have a link?

Here it is!
How much time should be allocated to each section given the number of marks they have?

I struggle with time management and tend to spend too long on one section.
Also, does anyone have the answers to the Wikibooks section C questions
Original post by naash_123
Also, does anyone have the answers to the Wikibooks section C questions

I don't claim to be the best at computing, but these are my answers for the section C questions. lmk if you have any questions about my answers (and if anyone has any corrections xD)
Screenshot 2022-06-11 at 13.13.37.png

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending