The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Life in london

I was at an open day last week at Kingston and whilst speaking to some of the student reps, they were telling me that instead of getting a train from Surbiton/Kingston to central London, you can get a bus from Kingston to one of the tube stations which works out to be a lot cheaper. I was wondering if anyone knows what this route would be and whether it takes some form of travel pass like an Oyster card etc?
Original post by befl
I was at an open day last week at Kingston and whilst speaking to some of the student reps, they were telling me that instead of getting a train from Surbiton/Kingston to central London, you can get a bus from Kingston to one of the tube stations which works out to be a lot cheaper. I was wondering if anyone knows what this route would be and whether it takes some form of travel pass like an Oyster card etc?

i applied to kingston, got in but changed my option. the bus route is fast from what i know of. I mean the fastest atm
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Original post by Nish2257
i applied to kingston, got in but changed my option. the bus route is fast from what i know of. I mean the fastest atm

Do you happen to know what the bus route is? Like what bus in Kingston and where do you go to?
Original post by befl

Hi @befl :smile:

All buses in London run on the same Oyster/contactless system as the trains, trams and tubes so you would just tap in to a bus but its not a separate travel pass or anything. Most people in London use their contactless payment on their phones to pay now! Travelling by bus and tram will always be cheaper but usually takes longer and is more annoying! Don't forget, you can get a student Oyster card once you're enrolled on the Kingston system

There are also the free intersite Kingston Uni buses - more info here

I'm not exactly sure what route the reps were suggesting to you, but you can take the 65 bus to Richmond (zone 4) and get the District line from there? You can also get to Wimbledon tube station using the 57 or 131 buses (that's where I go)

Hope that helps? Please let me know if you have more questions
Daisy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending