The Student Room Group

Muslim girls at Leeds Uni?

I’m going to be going to Leeds Uni in September but it’s a totally new city and I’ll know no one😭 any Muslim girls wanna make friends so we can enjoy uni together?
Reply 1
Why aren’t you also looking to make friends with non muslim girls? Universities are diverse environments, you should look to make friends with everyone, regardless of religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation etc.
Reply 2
Original post by hyped22
Why aren’t you also looking to make friends with non muslim girls? Universities are diverse environments, you should look to make friends with everyone, regardless of religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation etc.

I’m willing to make friends with anyone! I just want to meet some Muslim girls because I’ll have someone to relate to and join certain societies with. I didn’t mean any offence when asking :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I’m willing to make friends with anyone! I just want to meet some Muslim girls because I’ll have someone to relate to and join certain societies with. I didn’t mean any offence when asking :smile:

Not offensive at all, I was just curious and thought I would “spread” some diversity & inclusion :smile:
I’m going to be going to Leeds Uni in September but it’s a totally new city and I’ll know no one😭 any Muslim girls wanna make friends so we can enjoy uni together?

Hi! I'll be going to Leeds this September, I am an International student and a Muslim. I have trouble with my accommodation as I only apply to stay in the campus and choose Henry Price for my first year stay. I actually wanted to find a private house maybe? But still, considering it though. May I know, how about you? Maybe we can be friends?
I’m staying at home and travelling so haven’t even looked into accommodation, but I hope your situation gets sorted. I’m sure it’s not set till results day, try getting in contact with someone? I’d love to be friends! What course are you studying? And where are you from? X
Original post by Desigirlremix
I’m staying at home and travelling so haven’t even looked into accommodation, but I hope your situation gets sorted. I’m sure it’s not set till results day, try getting in contact with someone? I’d love to be friends! What course are you studying? And where are you from? X

Hi! Yes, the accommodation will be announced in the mid of July until August but I think I'm okay with my choice just hoping to get what I have chosen. I'll be taking Accounting and Finance, what about you?.
Hopefully! I’m doing Social and Political Sciences
Original post by Desigirlremix
Hopefully! I’m doing Social and Political Sciences

That's cool! btw, I have read your message, but unable to reply it yet as I just open up my account recently. Hope to see you in Leeds too!!!
Reply 9

Hi! Am a muslim girl hoping to go to Leeds - i've just made this account so i dont think i can respond to pm's just yet
Original post by tolia
Hi! Am a muslim girl hoping to go to Leeds - i've just made this account so i dont think i can respond to pm's just yet

No worries! What course are you studying :smile:
Reply 11
No worries! What course are you studying :smile:

biological sciences! hbu? are you also moving into accomodation?
Original post by tolia
biological sciences! hbu? are you also moving into accomodation?

Social and political sciences! No, I’ll be staying at home and commuting, I live around an hour away tho. Hbu?
Reply 13
Social and political sciences! No, I’ll be staying at home and commuting, I live around an hour away tho. Hbu?

ill be moving in :smile:

Hi,
I am in the same situation. I am not Muslim but would like make friends as well. What course are you doing?
Reply 15
Original post by Barshaa
Hi,
What accommodation have you applied for? Do you have any advice for me as I need to apply for that too ?

hey, the deadline for applying for accomodation in leeds was in July! You should still be able to apply through a website but it just will not be guaranteed. They ask for preferences too such as single sex, diet, if you prefer quiet etc. I went for Sentinel Towers :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)

Hi, I'm going to Leeds uni in September too. I'd love to make some Muslim friends. I wish I could PM you but it won't let me yet :frown:
Hey!! I’m doing social and political science - basically sociology and politics, what are you doing?

Hi,
I am in the same situation. I am not Muslim but would like make friends as well. What course are you doing?
Don’t worry about it! Id love to make friends, what course are you doing x

Original post by New member_ 11
Hi, I'm going to Leeds uni in September too. I'd love to make some Muslim friends. I wish I could PM you but it won't let me yet :frown:
Original post by tolia
hey, the deadline for applying for accomodation in leeds was in July! You should still be able to apply through a website but it just will not be guaranteed. They ask for preferences too such as single sex, diet, if you prefer quiet etc. I went for Sentinel Towers :smile:

Hii, I’m thinking of choosing Sentinel Towers. If you ended up going there, can you give a review?
the google reviews say that its loud and noisy bc of the road, is the noise really bad?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending