The Student Room Group

Meta Software Engineering Apprenticeship 2022

Might be a bit late, but I thought I would make a post about the Meta level 4 software engineering apprenticeship (https://platform.multiverse.io/apprenticeships/software-developer-standard-level-4/software-engineering-apprenticeship-at-meta or https://www.metacareers.com/careerprograms/pathways/apprenticeship/) it looks like it is still open for applications.

I applied back in February and recently got an offer so I can help answer any questions regarding the interview process.

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for the post.Out of curiosity, how long did the whole process take from you applying up to getting hired.
Reply 2
I had a look at my emails and I actually applied at the end January, had my first interview 15 Feb, second on the 7th march and got the offer 13 April so about 2 1/2 months total, but about a month of that was waiting from the training provider to confirm my eligibility.
Original post by hilosync
I had a look at my emails and I actually applied at the end January, had my first interview 15 Feb, second on the 7th march and got the offer 13 April so about 2 1/2 months total, but about a month of that was waiting from the training provider to confirm my eligibility.

Hey, congrats on the offer! Was just wondering how did they confirm your eligibility and why did it take so long?
Reply 4
Original post by AnonGiant
Hey, congrats on the offer! Was just wondering how did they confirm your eligibility and why did it take so long?

I think it was just bureaucracy to be honest, to be eligible for apprenticeships you need to have right to work, lived in the UK for the past 3 and be learning new skills on the apprenticeship. When you apply for most apprenticeships you'll be given a questionnaire to confirm these and then if you get an offer, you would have to provide evidence of them.

What happened in this case was that I applied through the Meta website instead of multiverse(the training provider) so I had filled in a questionnaire that Meta had access to, but not Multiverse.

In the end, I just had to fill in a very similar questionnaire, I think I just got a bit unlucky with the timing as the point of contact at multiverse had been on holiday and was probably very busy when he came back, so it just took him ages to sort things out
I think it was just bureaucracy to be honest, to be eligible for apprenticeships you need to have right to work, lived in the UK for the past 3 and be learning new skills on the apprenticeship. When you apply for most apprenticeships you'll be given a questionnaire to confirm these and then if you get an offer, you would have to provide evidence of them.

What happened in this case was that I applied through the Meta website instead of multiverse(the training provider) so I had filled in a questionnaire that Meta had access to, but not Multiverse.

In the end, I just had to fill in a very similar questionnaire, I think I just got a bit unlucky with the timing as the point of contact at multiverse had been on holiday and was probably very busy when he came back, so it just took him ages to sort things out

Ah ok thankyou. Did you have to attend an assessment centre or was it a final interview?
Reply 6
There were two interviews, both were one on ones with a senior software engineer, so no HR people thankfully.

Both interviews had a programming interview question(leetcode / hackerrank style) and the second also had a competency based interview. I can get into more detail on what they entail if you'd like

I have interviewed at a couple places for similar apprenticeships and this was probably the best experience I've had as I felt I could really show myself off.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
Ah ok thankyou. Did you have to attend an assessment centre or was it a final interview?

Are you thinking of applying or have applied already?
Are you thinking of applying or have applied already?

Thanks for your help and yes thinking of applying. Probably best if I do it sooner rather than later because I imagine it's quite late.
Thanks for all of the info. I actually applied at week and a bit ago but assumed it hadn't gotten further but it sounds like it takes a bit of time for them to get back to you. What kind of leetcode questions did they ask?
Reply 10
Thanks for your help and yes thinking of applying. Probably best if I do it sooner rather than later because I imagine it's quite late.

I defo recommend it, I would say to apply through the Meta website, as you pretty much just submit your CV, whereas with Multiverse you have to create a profile which has a fair few steps, although once you do, you can apply to other similar apprenticeships too, so it can still be worthwhile.
Reply 11
Original post by greenwildwave
Thanks for all of the info. I actually applied at week and a bit ago but assumed it hadn't gotten further but it sounds like it takes a bit of time for them to get back to you. What kind of leetcode questions did they ask?

Good luck with your application, if people are still able to apply, it's probably a good sign.

I had to do 2 leetcode questions, one was pretty much 88. Merge sorted array, with a slight twist, and the other I can't say because of NDA, but it was also pretty much an easy leetcode question.

I think the interviews are more about how you work through a problem and communicate, rather than if you remember that specific question.

For the first interview I didn't think I did that well as the interviewer gave me a couple of hints on how to my improve my code, but I still got through as I took the hints into consideration and communicated my ideas well.
Good luck with your application, if people are still able to apply, it's probably a good sign.

I had to do 2 leetcode questions, one was pretty much 88. Merge sorted array, with a slight twist, and the other I can't say because of NDA, but it was also pretty much an easy leetcode question.

I think the interviews are more about how you work through a problem and communicate, rather than if you remember that specific question.

For the first interview I didn't think I did that well as the interviewer gave me a couple of hints on how to my improve my code, but I still got through as I took the hints into consideration and communicated my ideas well.

Thankyou so much for the help. I really appreciate it
Reply 13
Thankyou so much for the help. I really appreciate it

No worries, kind of wish I had made this post earlier, as more people were applying, but it's good to know that it can still benefit some
Might be a bit late, but I thought I would make a post about the Meta level 4 software engineering apprenticeship (https://platform.multiverse.io/apprenticeships/software-developer-standard-level-4/software-engineering-apprenticeship-at-meta or https://www.metacareers.com/careerprograms/pathways/apprenticeship/) it looks like it is still open for applications.

I applied back in February and recently got an offer so I can help answer any questions regarding the interview process.

Hi, congrats on your offer. I have some questions.

1) In the two interviews, were the coding questions easy? (e.g. hacker rank easy section)
2) In the second interview, do they also do like a behavioural interview? If so, can you elaborate on that?

Once again congrats on your offer and sorry for asking a lot of questions lol.
Reply 15
Original post by Allan_2241
Hi, congrats on your offer. I have some questions.

1) In the two interviews, were the coding questions easy? (e.g. hacker rank easy section)
2) In the second interview, do they also do like a behavioural interview? If so, can you elaborate on that?

Once again congrats on your offer and sorry for asking a lot of questions lol.

No worries man, happy to help,

1. Both questions were marked as easy on leetcode (I would assume the same for hackerrank, but not 100% sure) with a slight twist. This didn't make them more difficult, just different. If you do the most popular easy questions on leetcode, chances are very high that you will be asked a very similar question. I would also recommend following the steps that the recruiters give you in answering the coding questions, this is around 6 steps that include re-reading the question and thinking out loud, as they are looking at how you think, instead of if you can remember certain info.
2. The second interview had a competency-based interview, this is where they ask for specific examples, I would recommend practicing the STAR interview technique, and think of a bunch of examples beforehand.
No worries man, happy to help,

1. Both questions were marked as easy on leetcode (I would assume the same for hackerrank, but not 100% sure) with a slight twist. This didn't make them more difficult, just different. If you do the most popular easy questions on leetcode, chances are very high that you will be asked a very similar question. I would also recommend following the steps that the recruiters give you in answering the coding questions, this is around 6 steps that include re-reading the question and thinking out loud, as they are looking at how you think, instead of if you can remember certain info.
2. The second interview had a competency-based interview, this is where they ask for specific examples, I would recommend practicing the STAR interview technique, and think of a bunch of examples beforehand.

Thanks a lot for this.

Do you remember any of the competency questions that they asked you?
Reply 17
Original post by Allan_2241
Thanks a lot for this.

Do you remember any of the competency questions that they asked you?

Sorry but I don't think I can mention any specific questions due to signing an NDA, but they were all pretty common, no weird out of the box questions. I thought of a few examples beforehand, and I wasn't asked anything that I didn't prepare for in some way
Sorry but I don't think I can mention any specific questions due to signing an NDA, but they were all pretty common, no weird out of the box questions. I thought of a few examples beforehand, and I wasn't asked anything that I didn't prepare for in some way

No problem. Thanks for the help.
I've got an offer too! Got some more thinking to do before I take it over an Imperial unconditional but I'm leaning towards it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending