The Student Room Group

google apprenticeships 2022

does anyone know how to apply to the Google apprenticeships? I believe they are open now

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
just search for google apprenticeships and apply on the google site
Does anyone know what qualifications are gained on google apprenticeships?

I know these aren't degree apprenticeships but are they at least level 4?
Original post by Mr-Tickle
Does anyone know what qualifications are gained on google apprenticeships?

I know these aren't degree apprenticeships but are they at least level 4?

Have a look on the website perhaps?
Reply 4
I believe most are level 3 and one is level 4
Original post by Samii.A
just search for google apprenticeships and apply on the google site

yep I found the careers section where I can apply! thank you :smile:
I heard Google's reply times are unpredictable.
Reply 7
Hey guys, just applied for the Software Development one. Does anyone know what doors the role opens up (in terms of working for Google afterwards) instead of taking the university route?
Hey guys, Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back for the software dev role? Has anyone had any response?
Original post by Oak1304
Hey guys, just applied for the Software Development one. Does anyone know what doors the role opens up (in terms of working for Google afterwards) instead of taking the university route?

Google isn’t one of those companies that guarantees a job if you do well. However, I have seen quite a few apprentices get full time jobs at google after their program but they do so by applying independently. Do bare in mind though that in theory you will have an advantage as you will be going into your job applications will more knowledge about google, what it’s like to work there and you will likely have already done the job you are applying for at one point during the program. On top of this you will know employees within the company that can give you referrals.
To tag onto this thread, I recently decided that a career in digital marketing was the route I wanted to take, however, I didn’t know anything about apprenticeships until recently and only made the decision that I wanted to do one a few days ago . I luckily managed to find the google apprenticeships but due to the fore mentioned circumstances I only managed to apply for the google apprenticeship a day or two before the closing date. Therefore, I feel as though I wasn’t well prepared to answer/ think through and plan the answers to the short questions and my application was quickly put together rather than worked on for a period of months or weeks like other applicants and I didn’t have the guidance of a company like Multiverse ( who seems to get a lot of applicants onto the program).
Could someone let me know what their experience and short answers were like so that I can know whether I was on the right track and I actually have a chance or whether I should just pre- brace myself for some bad news.
Original post by rfoatmcoaus
To tag onto this thread, I recently decided that a career in digital marketing was the route I wanted to take, however, I didn’t know anything about apprenticeships until recently and only made the decision that I wanted to do one a few days ago . I luckily managed to find the google apprenticeships but due to the fore mentioned circumstances I only managed to apply for the google apprenticeship a day or two before the closing date. Therefore, I feel as though I wasn’t well prepared to answer/ think through and plan the answers to the short questions and my application was quickly put together rather than worked on for a period of months or weeks like other applicants and I didn’t have the guidance of a company like Multiverse ( who seems to get a lot of applicants onto the program).
Could someone let me know what their experience and short answers were like so that I can know whether I was on the right track and I actually have a chance or whether I should just pre- brace myself for some bad news.

you should always brace yourself for bad news with applications and not expect to get through, its very common especially in apprenticeships to just get ignored and no follow up.
Original post by Gent2324
you should always brace yourself for bad news with applications and not expect to get through, its very common especially in apprenticeships to just get ignored and no follow up.

I mean do I actually have a chance or should I be expecting a rejection
I mean do I actually have a chance or should I be expecting a rejection

i havent seen your application so i have no idea

oh gosh. I completely forgot about the questions. it's unlikely they'll allow me to submit my responses. urgh I definitely have reduced my chances now
Has anyone else received an invitation to interview for the SWE apprenticeship?
i havent seen your application so i have no idea

I wasn’t asking you literally, I was clarifying what I meant in my original post.
Original post by lilyrose270
oh gosh. I completely forgot about the questions. it's unlikely they'll allow me to submit my responses. urgh I definitely have reduced my chances now

I think it’s a big part of the application but if you have included a cover letter it might help your application.
I wasn’t asking you literally, I was clarifying what I meant in my original post.

what are you asking then? you asked if you had a good chance, the answer is we dont know, we havent seen your application and we arent recruiters at google
what are you asking then? you asked if you had a good chance, the answer is we dont know, we havent seen your application and we arent recruiters at google

If you read back I was I asking what kind of answers others gave and what kind experience others had so that I would be able to gage whether I was on the right track or not. Not for other people tell me whether they thought I would get it or not, there’s no way anyone other than google requiters can tell me that. It’s important to read questions before trying to answer them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending