The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of bath accommodations

Hi I’ve firmed bath for September but I’m really struggling to decide on accommodation. The social aspect is probably the most important to me but I’m also a bit unsure about shared bathrooms as I’ve heard they can be really gross. I’m currently debating between putting Eastwood or woodland court down as my top choice. Is Eastwood as bad as people say and is woodland court sociable at all?? Any help or recommendations would be appreciated, thanks
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by Evie78787823
Hi I’ve firmed bath for September but I’m really struggling to decide on accommodation. The social aspect is probably the most important to me but I’m also a bit unsure about shared bathrooms as I’ve heard they can be really gross. I’m currently debating between putting Eastwood or woodland court down as my top choice. Is Eastwood as bad as people say and is woodland court sociable at all?? Any help or recommendations would be appreciated, thanks

Hi! I lived in Eastwood in my first year and it really isn't as bad as people say, although I think it might be different depending on if your house has cleaning or not. My flat was quite clean considering there were 13 of us, but I have been to Eastwood flats that were a bit grim, so I think it defo depends on who you're with.
For me the shared bathrooms weren't really an issue either, no one took ages in the bathroom and ours were cleaned regularly so were never dirty.

I don't know anyone that lived in Woodland court well but it definitely can be social there, I've been to a couple of parties there that seemed alright. I think it depends on your budget too, Woodland court is a bit more expensive but does have double beds and ensuites so depends how strongly you feel about it. Going to the launderette in Eastwood can be a bit of a trek too depending on which house you're in, and I think Woodland has a launderette in the building.
Original post by Evie78787823

Hi there!

My first piece of advice would be not to worry too much your accomodation choices. Ultimately, the experience you have in your first year flat tends to be mostly based on your flatmates (which you do not have control over) rather than the specific accomodation choices.

I lived in Westwood in first year, which was shared bathroom. I honestly did not have any issue with it, plus it has the perks of being cheaper than en-suite. Eastwood is a good accomodation and if got to choose again, I think I would pick Eastwood :smile: I believe both Eastwood and Woodland Court are sociable accomodations.

Hope this helps - please let me know if you have anymore questions!

Leah
Final Year Chemical Engineering
I’m in Eastwood at the moment. My house is pretty clean for uni accommodation, but I think it entirely depends on who your living with, no matter what accommodation you go for. We’re a very sociable house, most other Eastwood houses I know are. I’ve only been to woodland court once and it did seems quite quiet. I’ve also talked to do a couple of people in woodland, and it seems we’ve had very different experiences. I guess it depends what’s important to you (double bed and en suite). Eastwood is no where near as bad as people make it out to be. I’m happy I put it as my first choice (I’m not sure how many people do). Everyone in my house who didn’t put it as their first choice when they applied said they wouldn’t want to live in any other accommodation now,

Quick Reply

Latest