The Student Room Group

Official: University of Warwick A101 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I have 2640 and 600 in VR. I have an achieved first in undergraduate and a first in masters. How likely are my chances for an interview invite?
Original post by Yahyasaif
I have 2640 and 600 in VR. I have an achieved first in undergraduate and a first in masters. How likely are my chances for an interview invite?

Thats a really great score but I think it may not make the cutoff based on prior scores BUT you never know! Where else did you apply?

Good job on VR btw
Original post by Graduatemed2023
Thats a really great score but I think it may not make the cutoff based on prior scores BUT you never know! Where else did you apply?

Good job on VR btw

Thank you 😊. I applied ARU 5 years, Warwick, Worcester (I have no clue what’s happening with that med school), and Dundee 5 years (rejected).

Chances are very slim. But o well…
Original post by Yahyasaif
Thank you 😊. I applied ARU 5 years, Warwick, Worcester (I have no clue what’s happening with that med school), and Dundee 5 years (rejected).

Chances are very slim. But o well…

I’m sure you will get in somewhere for sure just try to be as positive as possible and hopefully it’ll work out for you i’A
Thank you and Ameen
I’m sure you will get in somewhere for sure just try to be as positive as possible and hopefully it’ll work out for you i’A
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 48
Original post by Neokirax0
Do you have the one from 2022 ?

one cell over from the key on every sheet (top right, might be off screen for smaller displays)
also hyperlinked on every overview page
Has anyone had any correspondence from Warwick yet? Be it interview offers or rejections? The radio silence is stressing me out lol
Original post by gradmedic1805
Has anyone had any correspondence from Warwick yet? Be it interview offers or rejections? The radio silence is stressing me out lol

I think we won’t get any correspondence before December
(edited 1 year ago)
How are people getting such high scores in the UCAT? Isn’t the UCAT question set you receive on the day a random selection so not any one person will have the same questions right? Seriously tho, I don’t get how people are getting 2400 let alone 3000. I got 2110 band 3 with months of revision and practice.
I think we will know on the 1st of December and rejections will follow on the 2nd :smile: following on from previous years
Original post by Galactic_Elk97
How are people getting such high scores in the UCAT? Isn’t the UCAT question set you receive on the day a random selection so not any one person will have the same questions right? Seriously tho, I don’t get how people are getting 2400 let alone 3000. I got 2110 band 3 with months of revision and practice.

I took the UCAT last year with no prep and got like 2600 band 3, and this year got 2850 band 1, with a really bad assessment honestly i zoned out during the VR section and I’m not exaggerating, so i really think it is possible to improve, the way i did it was focusing on weaknesses so not just grinding qs but learning the quickest way to answer tricky ones and for sjt i literally went onto the official sjt bank and basically just went through every scenario and i think the rules just repeat themselves honestly

There are individuals with crazy scores that can give you way better advice i didnt do that well honestly for grad med hence im applying for newcastle and southampton undegrad and newcastle is honestly borderline even for undergrad but thats just how i went about it

Sorry for the lack of punctuation on a treadmill atm
I took the UCAT last year with no prep and got like 2600 band 3, and this year got 2850 band 1, with a really bad assessment honestly i zoned out during the VR section and I’m not exaggerating, so i really think it is possible to improve, the way i did it was focusing on weaknesses so not just grinding qs but learning the quickest way to answer tricky ones and for sjt i literally went onto the official sjt bank and basically just went through every scenario and i think the rules just repeat themselves honestly

There are individuals with crazy scores that can give you way better advice i didnt do that well honestly for grad med hence im applying for newcastle and southampton undegrad and newcastle is honestly borderline even for undergrad but thats just how i went about it

Sorry for the lack of punctuation on a treadmill atm

Thank you for sharing your experience ! Did you use Medify or Medentry? I used Medify but from many accounts here it seems that Medentry would have been better.
I have realised that I didn’t submit any higher education degree transcripts either… dazued, did the admissions team suggest that if you don’t submit these documents that the application is withdrawn? I submitted all my work experience stuff in a timely manner and have emailed them about whether I can submit my HE transcripts… 🫣
Original post by Gradmed2023
I have realised that I didn’t submit any higher education degree transcripts either… dazued, did the admissions team suggest that if you don’t submit these documents that the application is withdrawn? I submitted all my work experience stuff in a timely manner and have emailed them about whether I can submit my HE transcripts… 🫣

Im not sure 🤔 i think it might be fine honestly someone else rang in i think about the same thing, give them a quick call the admissions team are honestly quite nice imo lol

and your username confused me for a sec 😂
Original post by brasamical
Thank you for sharing your experience ! Did you use Medify or Medentry? I used Medify but from many accounts here it seems that Medentry would have been better.

Hi i used Medify and YouTube :biggrin:
Original post by brasamical
I think we won’t get any correspondence before December

Hey! According to the email I received from Warwick confirming my application they said the following:

Your application is now being considered. If you are successful in receiving an invitation to our online Selection Centre you will be required to choose a date using our online booking system which will be open between 1st and 5th December 2022.

Fingers crossed for us all, not long to wait now! 😬
Original post by Kerry.a.11
Hey! According to the email I received from Warwick confirming my application they said the following:

Your application is now being considered. If you are successful in receiving an invitation to our online Selection Centre you will be required to choose a date using our online booking system which will be open between 1st and 5th December 2022.

Fingers crossed for us all, not long to wait now! 😬

When did you receive this email? Just scared as I haven't got anything like that at the moment. Unless it was sent before all documents and work experience stuff needed to be submitted?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending