The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Changes to bus services from Sept. 2021

:wink: With the worst of the last year or so now hopefully behined us, Uno the UH bus company have reintroduced a greater frequency of services and minor timing changes to their timetables :
go to www.unobus.info latest news and also the Uno UH students section for further info.

Basically, normal term time services have been restored which were reduced to UH vacation frequencies (610,614,644) during the pandemic.
The Shuttle (690) is reinstated, note also that the weekday evening 602 will no longer loop via Bishops Rise and Roberts Way, but will follow its normal daytime route of College Lane- Forum-de Hav.
The exception to this is on Sundays (and Bank Holidays which outside London are normally run to Sunday times) and will continue with the South Hatfield 602 extension.

Students might wish to note in addition to the Sunday/BH 602 and 653, the latter which is routed via South Hatfield and Roberts Way all week, there is also an hourly Sunday/Bank Hol. only service 404/5 run by Herts County Council and currently contracted to Uno, that connects South Hatfield (Hilltop) to the Town Centre, Station and Welwyn Garden City.

Regarding car parking, please read my previous post of 22nd. Aug 21 regarding issues with illicit parking having caused disruption to the bus services and much inconvenience to the student and public passengers alike along the de Hav Campus service road.
For those of you unfamiliar with the set-up there ( or dare I say it just plain bloody minded !) note that Welwyn Hatfield Council traffic wardens and the police now patrol the area concerned both at random and regular intervals 24/7 and will issue parking fines without hesitation. I say this not with glee, but to save yourselves some money and getting a ticket as well.
The UH has its own parking area at Angerland Park & Ride South Hatfield, off Southway, itself a stone`s throw from the A1(M).
Uno provide a shuttle service to both campuses and back from there. Restricted parking is available within the Campus areas: however for terms and conditions you will have to consult the UH on that as I am not familiar with these.

For info. regarding all Hertfordshire bus services go to www.intalink.org.uk

Something else worth pointing out - some students I speak to seem unaware of this - is that the Uno 614/44 provides a very useful service to and from Hatfield station taking around only 10 mins from the station to de Hav, around 19 mins to The Forum ( times vary slightly during the day to compensate for traffic flows). The 614/44 is routed via Wellfield Rd. and the Business Park (Mosquito Way).The only exception is on Sats, which is an hourly service, as after calling at de Hav it travels by Bishops Rise/Roberts way and not the Forum.

And for local train info- there have been some cancellations recently due to driver shortage at weekends- go to www.hatfieldrail.com

Finally, two points:

First, for those of you from London that are used to compulsory bus stops please note virtually all bus stops in Hertfordshire are request only - it does state on the bottom of the bus stop flag " Signal clearly for bus to stop".

Secondly, as many of you are aware Uno give discounts on their fares to students. Please make an effort to think ahead and have your UH student or whatever relevant college id ready for showing to the driver as soon as you board the bus. This saves considerable time as drivers will not issue student discount fares wIthout valid id`s. Even half a minute`s delay by say, six students each looking for their individual id's can delay departure by three minutes.

Comments welcome.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending