The Student Room Group

My school's Videogames Club - Help!

Hi guys,
I need help with activity ideas. At school I run a videogames club because I'm really passionate about then and wanted to create a community surrounding them. At one point, it was the most popular club in the school!

Lately it's been losing steam because some teachers had to complain against phone usage and eating in the computer labs. Most of us organizers think people used to come just to work around the no-phone rule. For context, it's an all girls school and the most popular games are things like Genshin, Cookie Run, and Minecraft (all games I don't really like, but know about). I prefer Nintendo games lol

We used to do weekly powerpoints and nobody really paid attention. Everyone who comes is usually sticking to their friend group rather than talking to others. It's too popular with Year 7s and 8s with the exception of some of my Year 10 friends.

What are some activities I could do to boost interest that don't involve phones? I really want everyone who attends to have a good time. I've thought about asking for HDMI cable permissions so we could watch the Sonic Movie as a club and promote it through school email.

Please let me know your ideas, thanks!
Do you have a Nintendo Switch, you can plug in and play? 123 Switch would get people moving
Reply 2
Original post by AnnaNimmity
Do you have a Nintendo Switch, you can plug in and play? 123 Switch would get people moving

Annoyingly, one of my friends has the game but we can't plug it in without having to absolutely dismantle the computer to get the HDMI cable out of the back case if we want to project it, but you've given me a good idea about asking for permission to. Thanks !

Quick Reply

Latest